Hotkey for "send to auto-trash"?

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
wheezil
Inserter
Inserter

Hotkey for "send to auto-trash"?

Post by wheezil »

Playing Angel+Non mods (not that I think it matters) I make heavy use of auto-trash, pinning things I never want to "zero/zero". This keeps them from clogging up inventory during cut/delete operations. But I find this to be tedious. Is there single hotkey (or a mod for one) that does "send current item to autotrash?"

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Hotkey for "send to auto-trash"?

Post by SoShootMe »

From the Character screen (default E), the Stack transfer (default Shift + left click) and Inventory transfer (default Ctrl + left click) controls will work between your Inventory and Trash slots.

Edit: but note auto-trash (if enabled) trumps manual actions.

wheezil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wheezil »

Thank you for the reply, but that's not quite what I am asking. What I want to do is, given an item in my inventory, configure it for auto-trash (logistics with 0/0 count). Currently to do this is takes several steps:
-- Select item from inventory
-- Drop item in logistics
-- Adjust counts to 0/0
-- Click OK button
-- Hit Q to release item
While this is not a lot of work, doing it 100s of times is tedious. I'd like to have some hotkey or mouse combo to do this in one stroke, like ALT-SHIFT-MIDDLE
Cheers
john

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

There is no hotkey for that.

There is an auto trash mod, though. I don’t know what features it has.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

wheezil
Inserter
Inserter

Post by wheezil »

Thanks for the reply!

Return to “Gameplay Help”