[1.1.46] Electric pole ghost removal creates weird connections between other poles

Bugs that are actually features.
lyvgbfh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [1.1.46] Electric pole ghost removal creates weird connections between other poles

Post by lyvgbfh »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:51 am
Screenshot 2021-12-08 224614.png
Would you mind sharing the blueprint string for that? It's a nice test case for cabling.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [1.1.46] Electric pole ghost removal creates weird connections between other poles

Post by FuryoftheStars »

lyvgbfh wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:44 am
FuryoftheStars wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:51 am
Screenshot 2021-12-08 224614.png
Would you mind sharing the blueprint string for that? It's a nice test case for cabling.
Sorry for the delay! That's what I use for a bullet production center and the blueprint for it was over two years old (from back before I stopped playing the game until a couple months ago) and I only recently got it moved up from 0.17 to 1.1. I wanted to go through it and fix/update things, first. ;)

For anyone interested:
The right most set of assemblers (2 rows of assembler 2) are configured for modded ammo, but there's only 1 input ingredient difference from them and regular red ammo. Inputs from left (assembler 3 side) to right:
  • Uranium-238 (1 lane)
  • Copper plate (2 lanes)
  • Steel plate (1 lane)
  • Copper plate (2 lanes)
  • Iron plate (2 lanes)
  • Iron plate (2 lanes)
  • Copper plate (2 lanes)
  • Steel plate (1 lane)
  • Sulfur (1 lane)(due to aforementioned mod; simply remove and the assemblers here can produce normal red ammo)
  • Copper plate (2 lanes)
Outputs (again, left to right):
  • Uranium ammo (current BP max capacity: 225/min)
  • Piercing ammo (current BP max capacity: 225/min. It produces 450, but half is consumed for Uranium ammo)
  • Incendiary ammo (current BP max capacity: 450/min)
Regular ammo is not outputted, but rather fully consumed within the design (current BP max capacity: 900/min).

All circuit connections are just for reading belt contents and then feeding off to a counter of your choice.

It's 15 assemblers deep now. I believe there's still room to "grow", but most of the belts will need upgrading for that. (Yellow ammo belt is already saturated, and iron & steel plate (and sulfur for modded ammo) are being fully consumed.)
Bullet Assemblers.png
Bullet Assemblers.png (3.53 MiB) Viewed 1382 times
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

lyvgbfh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lyvgbfh »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:01 am
Thank you! For reference, this is the same thing with "only right angles" connection logic applied. I personally find it preferable.

Lou
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Lou »

lyvgbfh wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:40 am
Thank you! For reference, this is the same thing with "only right angles" connection logic applied. I personally find it preferable.
What exactly do you mean by "only right angles". Not connecting any poles that have different both x and y coordinates?

lyvgbfh
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lyvgbfh »

Lou wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:58 pm
lyvgbfh wrote:
Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:40 am
What exactly do you mean by "only right angles". Not connecting any poles that have different both x and y coordinates?
Exactly, it's limited by script to connections where one axis is shared.

Return to “Not a bug”