[Pard] [1.1.48] "Stack Transfers" tutorial triggered very late in game

fauldsand
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Pard] [1.1.48] "Stack Transfers" tutorial triggered very late in game

Post by fauldsand »

I love the tips and tricks tutorials that trigger when you do certain things (for example, when you build a fluid wagon the tutorial will pop up showing you how to use one). However, one that did not trigger well is the one called "Stack Transfers". I've used the Shift + Left Click many times, but I didn't know there were several others - Control + Left Click, Shift + Right Click, etc. Even though I've used Shift + Left Click many times, that doesn't seem to have triggered the Stack Transfers tutorial, and now I'm 50 hours of playtime into the game having accidentally triggered the Stack Transfers tutorial (maybe via an accidental Ctrl + Click or Shift - Right Click?), played it and am now feeling like an idiot since the other shortcuts would have saved me way more clicks if I had known them too.

Can you change this tutorial so that it triggers on your first Shift + Left Click or any of the 6 combinations, so that once you learn one shortcut you learn them all? Right now it seems like it has a very specific trigger that took me a long time of playing to hit.

Log attached, though I don't know if it'll be much help.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.76 KiB) Downloaded 153 times

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [Pard] [1.1.48] "Stack Transfers" tutorial triggered very late in game

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I wonder if it'd be best to trigger this the first time you transfer any inventory item to another inventory, regardless of the method? Or even simply on opening another inventory? I mean, if someone never tries any of the shift/ctrl clicks, then they'd never get the tutorial and would always transfer whole stacks manually.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

atomizer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [Pard] [1.1.48] "Stack Transfers" tutorial triggered very late in game

Post by atomizer »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:29 pm
I wonder if it'd be best to trigger this the first time you transfer any inventory item to another inventory, regardless of the method?
But that happens immediately at the start of the game, which is way too early. I suggest triggering it when the player moves two stacks of the same item one after the other, in the same direction.

Return to “Assigned”