finally finished

pyanodon's mods are here

Moderator: pyanodon

AndrewSkier
Inserter
Inserter

finally finished

Post by AndrewSkier »

After ~10 attempts and giving up further each time was finally able to push through and finish.
Took "only" 280 hours, but with prior attempts was able to quickly move through first few science packs and a bit "cheating" with mining drones and transport drones.
Entire base logistics are actually done using transport drones with not a single train and only used bots for mall. Was running at ~30 fps at the end.
Can't wait for AE to come out and start over.
Attachments
PY AL Finished Prod Stats 2021-12-03_16-44-26.jpg
PY AL Finished Prod Stats 2021-12-03_16-44-26.jpg (434.76 KiB) Viewed 4022 times
PY AL Finished 2021-12-03_16-25-31.jpg
PY AL Finished 2021-12-03_16-25-31.jpg (1.81 MiB) Viewed 4024 times
PY AL Finished Full Map 2021-12-03_16-36-41.jpg
PY AL Finished Full Map 2021-12-03_16-36-41.jpg (3.41 MiB) Viewed 4024 times

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: finally finished

Post by kingarthur »

AndrewSkier wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:43 pm
Took "only" 280 hours
How in the hell? thats ridiculously fast for pyal.

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

kingarthur wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:09 am
AndrewSkier wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 10:43 pm
Took "only" 280 hours
How in the hell? thats ridiculously fast for pyal.
I was wondering that too. I wondered if him running at 30fps meant it was 280 game hours but close to double that in real world time.

I'd love to see a save to see how you did it.

AndrewSkier
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AndrewSkier »

I've had ~10 previous play throughs with each getting further and further (last 3 or 4 was at production or utility science) so first part of the game I've gone through quite fast. Didn't take me long to get through blue science.
The biggest time saver is using drones mods. Transportation drones are much more efficient and quicker than train networks. Mining drones are a bit cheaty with no power requirements and companion drones makes early start much easier.
I didn't get to 30 UPS until later stages of the game and first 80-90% was running at closer to 60.
Save file link if you're interested in checking it out:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n6cKBR ... sp=sharing

I have small custom mod that should be optional. All this does is increase stack size on frequently transported items. I added it towards the end to help with UPS to limit number of transport drones that I had to have moving items around.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MbStXl ... sp=sharing

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

AndrewSkier wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:30 pm
I've had ~10 previous play throughs with each getting further and further (last 3 or 4 was at production or utility science) so first part of the game I've gone through quite fast. Didn't take me long to get through blue science.
The biggest time saver is using drones mods. Transportation drones are much more efficient and quicker than train networks. Mining drones are a bit cheaty with no power requirements and companion drones makes early start much easier.
I didn't get to 30 UPS until later stages of the game and first 80-90% was running at closer to 60.
Save file link if you're interested in checking it out:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1n6cKBR ... sp=sharing

I have small custom mod that should be optional. All this does is increase stack size on frequently transported items. I added it towards the end to help with UPS to limit number of transport drones that I had to have moving items around.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MbStXl ... sp=sharing
questions!
what in PC characteristics? my pc in 30% game PY deads processors

AndrewSkier
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AndrewSkier »

CPU AMD Ryzen 9 - 5900X 3.7Ghz
32 GB Ram
Video card AMD RX 6700 XT 12 GB

When I try to load save on my other computer that has only 16 GB RAM factorio will crash with out of memory errors

bobalicious
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bobalicious »

Did you need to use the buffer depot's with the drones to help get deliveries timely or is the routing better since I last used it (early 2020). Any other tips for using transport drones? I liked them in theory as a different way to build/design the logistics of a base but the throughput was a bummer.

AndrewSkier
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AndrewSkier »

Didn't use any buffer depots. Don't like how the function.
Few tips:
- chain as many processes as possible (don't move grade 1 to process to grade 2 then 3 by drones). Build those processes as one unit and only move finished products and as few intermediate as possible.
- liquids are not as efficient to move. Try to product liquids if possible by each production area.
- I've created small mod that changes stack size for products I moved a lot and have low stack count. Helps with not having to have too many drones moving your goods.
- Use road network reader with circuits for priority production. For example on cages, I only produce them to provide to network if network is below < 9k cages. Otherwise slaughter processing will get overloaded with cages
- use grid system for easy movement of drones

Return to “PyMods”