Version 0.11.5

Information about releases and roadmap.
kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Version 0.11.5

Post by kovarex »

So as the 0.11.4 had some very serious game breaking bugs, I we released smaller patch batch today.

Notes:
  • The mac release is delayed a bit
  • Bugfixes
    • Fixed the faulty connection logic for splitter preview.
    • Fixed the crashes when doing certain actions in the sandbox mode.
    • Added sanity check for the coordinates of chunk creation, chunks are limited to position of 1000000.
    • Fixed crash in map editor when building lab.
    • Fixed "start level" button of transport belt madness.

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Version 0.11.5

Post by LordFedora »

Just to get the scale correctly (assuming the sanity check is radius from center)

How long would it take to get from the center of the "circle" to the outside by train?

(the 1000000 chunks)

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mngrif »

kovarex wrote:So as the 0.11.4 had some very serious game breaking bugs, I we released smaller patch batch today.
  • Added sanity check for the coordinates of chunk creation, chunks are limited to position of 1000000.
Does this mean the inifnite maps are no longer infinite? Or does it mean they are still "infinite" but now they it doesn't crash when you reach the Far Lands?
LordFedora wrote:How long would it take to get from the center of the "circle" to the outside by train?
Assuming that's 1 million chunks and not 1 million tiles, it would take at least a couple of days I'm thinking. If I could find the speed of the train I'd do the math.
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

LordFedora wrote:Just to get the scale correctly (assuming the sanity check is radius from center)

How long would it take to get from the center of the "circle" to the outside by train?

(the 1000000 chunks)
1000000 chunks * 32 tiles per chunk = 32000000 distance from spawn (0,0) in a straight line.

It depends how fast a train can move but even assuming 32 tiles/seconds (way faster than trains) that's over 11 days to reach the limit :)
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Yay! Love these quick hot fixes. :D I had not personally run into any of these bugs, but glad it was fixed before I did. You guys are great!
Image Image Image

JLBShecky
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by JLBShecky »

Rseding91 wrote:
LordFedora wrote:Just to get the scale correctly (assuming the sanity check is radius from center)

(the 1000000 chunks)
1000000 chunks * 32 tiles per chunk = 32000000 distance from spawn (0,0) in a straight line.

It depends how fast a train can move but even assuming 32 tiles/seconds (way faster than trains) that's over 11 days to reach the limit :)
I would say that 11 days travel time is just about right, though I would go about the math a little differently. ;)

I know that 0.11.3 had the wagon weights messed up/missing so the top speeds that I achieved with it are most likely incorrect, but if memory serves me correctly 112kph (#1) was a totally achievable speed for a small train, and at that speed it would take about 11 days, 21 hours, 42 minutes, and 51.4seconds (#2). Granted this does not take into account any time to refuel/service the locomotive though in factorio you could probably get a small mod that would take the fuel out of a trailing cargo wagon and kept the train going at full speed.

For perspective if you had a straight and level so that you could maintain top speed all they way around the earth (#3) and you did not have to make any stops it would take you about 14 days, 21 hours, 48 minutes, and 45 seconds (#2) to do a full lap around the earth. Given that comparison I'd say that is plenty of time/room to explore the world of factorio. :D

---

All inspection of world sizes and how fast it would take time to get to the edge of the world in a train aside I am looking forward to trying out 0.11.5 when I get off work. I ended up skipping 0.11.4 seeing the issues with splitters and such and this discussion has me wondering what my trains top speeds will be once wagons have resistance again.

---

#1 - The top speed for the real life SD70MAC.
#2 - Give or take time to get up to full speed.
#3 - The circumference of the earth is approx 40,075 km.

mngrif
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mngrif »

JLBShecky wrote:
Rseding91 wrote:
LordFedora wrote: *snip*
about 11 days, 21 hours, 42 minutes, and 51.4seconds (#2). Granted this does not take into account any time to refuel/service the locomotive though in factorio you could probably get a small mod that would take the fuel out of a trailing cargo wagon and kept the train going at full speed.
*snip*
For perspective if you had a straight and level so that you could maintain top speed all they way around the earth (#3) and you did not have to make any stops it would take you about 14 days, 21 hours, 48 minutes, and 45 seconds (#2)
*snip*
#2 - Give or take time to get up to full speed.
#3 - The circumference of the earth is approx 40,075 km.
*snip*
Just beautiful math. Thank you.

As always thank you very much devs, so far so good and the quick fix is outstanding!
My Silly Factorian Tricks
<_aD> OBSERVE SIGNAL ASPECT BEFORE CROSSING TRACK

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Good job guys. :D

SmileyDude
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SmileyDude »

kovarex wrote:The mac release is delayed a bit
Any estimate on how long the delay will be? Ran into a few bugs myself on 0.11.3 that I would rather not run into again :)

remuladgryta
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by remuladgryta »

JLBShecky wrote: For perspective if you had a straight and level so that you could maintain top speed all they way around the earth (#3) and you did not have to make any stops it would take you about 14 days, 21 hours, 48 minutes, and 45 seconds (#2) to do a full lap around the earth. Given that comparison I'd say that is plenty of time/room to explore the world of factorio. :D
Sure, the time to get from origin to the edge of the world is close to a lap around the world. I have two observations to add however:
  • A full lap around the earth is more akin to going from the far west to the far east in factorio, which would be twice as far.
  • The area of land might be a more appropriate comparison. The factorio world has about twice as much land as earth (5.1×10^8 km^2 vs 1.024×10^9 km^2). So much room for activities!

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

remuladgryta wrote:The area of land might be a more appropriate comparison. The factorio world has about twice as much land as earth (5.1×10^8 km^2 vs 1.024×10^9 km^2). So much room for activities!
That is surface area. Factorio maps have less water*, so the land area ratio is even higher.

*If you give a Factorio map 70% water, you get stuck on an island.

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

*or a cool maze effect if you put terrain seg to high

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

remuladgryta wrote: Sure, the time to get from origin to the edge of the world is close to a lap around the world. I have two observations to add however:
  • A full lap around the earth is more akin to going from the far west to the far east in factorio, which would be twice as far.
  • The area of land might be a more appropriate comparison. The factorio world has about twice as much land as earth (5.1×10^8 km^2 vs 1.024×10^9 km^2). So much room for activities!
Area of a 2a*2a square is only 2x the area of an "a"-circumfence sphere? I doubt.
Hint: Use proper formula for sphere surface and actually divide those numbers to get the real surface ratio.

Problems I see with the calculations done:
1) twice as big in each direction means 4 times the surface area
2) earth is not a square :) and will thus have far smaller surface area
No spoilers about the actual result :)

gdfgdgdg
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by gdfgdgdg »

Trying to make chunk at unreasonable position [-67108864, -67108864] and crash

ArachnidXIII
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ArachnidXIII »

Any news on the Mac factor update ??
Or what the problems are with this release ??

cube
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by cube »

ArachnidXIII wrote:Any news on the Mac factor update ??
... I'm working on it ...
ArachnidXIII wrote:Or what the problems are with this release ??
Our build machine went to India (coincidence? I don't think so! :-) ) and the server that was supposed to replace it makes binaries that crash immediately after starting :-)

ArachnidXIII
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ArachnidXIII »

cube wrote:
ArachnidXIII wrote:Any news on the Mac factor update ??
... I'm working on it ...
ArachnidXIII wrote:Or what the problems are with this release ??
Our build machine went to India (coincidence? I don't think so! :-) ) and the server that was supposed to replace it makes binaries that crash immediately after starting :-)
Ok Cube, Thanks for keeping us informed :)
Keep up the good work.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Anyone tried playing this with 3 ore more people? I heard it's not working for 3+.

DeathMoon
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DeathMoon »

I play it with 2 friends, and it desyncs only "normal" xD

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

DeathMoon wrote:I play it with 2 friends, and it desyncs only "normal" xD
I play with 1 friend and About 10 Mods and we only had 1 desyncloob because of an bug after 10 Houers game time :)

:mrgreen: ;)
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

Return to “Releases”