Lag

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Satifying
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Lag

Post by Satifying »

I am experiencing lag when i craft or pick up things off of belts. This happened last night and I've been dumbfounded trying to find help from every other recourse available and have come up empty handed. It happens on both new and old worlds, multiplayer and single.

Satifying
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Lag

Post by Satifying »

UPS drops to 35 when picking things up and 30 when crafting

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Do you have mods that mess with inventory size ? The bigger inventories are, the bigger inserting things into them is costly (in terms of CPU).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Satifying
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Satifying »

Thank you, i would just like to ask good UPS mods to help with managing inventory because sometimes it gets frustrating having to have the perfect amount of everything to fit into your inventory.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

I'm not saying there is a right and a wrong way to play Factorio, but you might want to reconsider what's "the perfect amount of everything" : Sometimes, things don't work well because they are not used the way they were designed.

Blueprint, roboports, construction robots, bulk delivery by trains, spidertron embedded roboports, there are many ways you could get things done with fewer items in your inventory, getting rid of the mod that kills your UPS.

Satifying
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Satifying »

Yes but there aren't many easily accessible to do this in the early game

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

If you're using mods to increase your inventory, you might prefer to use mods that allow you not to have to increase your inventory instead. That would change your playstyle, but be beneficial to your experience I think. Things like early bots, and stuff.
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Nanobots is quite famous for that.

Return to “Technical Help”