[0.11.13] RoadWorks 2.0.0

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Damrus
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.10.3] RoadWorks 1.06 + Soundless version

Post by Damrus »

For the ´´curbs´´ Things

There is an actual mod for that called Bumbers: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=5127

And you might also like the driver assistant: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=6232

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:As an idea for keeping cars on the road:

Curbs.

-smip-

Another idea is to have a 'noise strip' road.
There were some modding API improvements since the last release and it's now possible to have the car automatically steer to keep itself on the road (much like in one of the mods Damrus linked). I'll probably have it unlocked by the Advanced Automobilism research if it ever gets into the mod.

I definitely want to do noise strips or speed bumps, but instead of a visual warning, it would serve to slow down the car to avoid crashing into things. Might be a moot point now that 0.11 removed crashing damage, though...
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:Can't wait to see what you do with bridges, it sounds amazing if it can be done.
Roadworks 1.06 already had bridges fully working! It was a lot of fun playing with them, building an island fortress only connected to land by a bridge; biters just loved surprising me in the middle of the bridge and forcing me to frantically back up. Sadly, I only had my programmer art to work with, so I couldn't release them.
This time, hitzu volunteered to do some sweet art for them, so when (if) he shows up, bridges should follow soon.

Senacharim
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Senacharim »

Super looking forward to the 0.11.x update.

Thank you for the awesome mod.

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

Hi. Sorry for delay. I had troubles with my PC.
I made 2 variants of graphics: with and without bumpers. So you can choose either or both. There are 12 PNG pieces in total. I hope they will fit, otherwise feel free to ask some changes.
bridge.zip
(82.76 KiB) Downloaded 190 times

DDave
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by DDave »

Hello. I keep getting this error message
Sometimes the error entity prototype changes to "RW-limestone"

please advise. thank you

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

hitzu wrote:Hi. Sorry for delay. I had troubles with my PC.
I made 2 variants of graphics: with and without bumpers. So you can choose either or both. There are 12 PNG pieces in total. I hope they will fit, otherwise feel free to ask some changes.
bridge.zip
Not a problem, good to see you back :)

The bridges look great! The bumpers are small and unobtrusive but still a clear mark of where the bridge ends, I like them a lot. However, the walkable area of the bridge still isn't 64x64. The top of the bridge has to be 64x64 pixels, otherwise players would appear to be able to walk on water. It is a hardcoded limitation that's impossible to avoid, unfortunately.
Also, it would be great if the bridge pieces were 'stackable' both vertically and horizontally. People will most likely not stick to straight 1-piece wide bridges. That's not that important, though, the main thing is to have some graphics at all ;)
DDave wrote:Hello. I keep getting this error message
Sometimes the error entity prototype changes to "RW-limestone"

please advise. thank you
RoadWorks 1.06 does not work in Factorio 0.11. A new version is on its way, just be patient please. I'll remove the download link in the first post so that it stops confusing people.

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

Rahjital wrote: The bridges look great! The bumpers are small and unobtrusive but still a clear mark of where the bridge ends, I like them a lot. However, the walkable area of the bridge still isn't 64x64. The top of the bridge has to be 64x64 pixels, otherwise players would appear to be able to walk on water. It is a hardcoded limitation that's impossible to avoid, unfortunately.
Also, it would be great if the bridge pieces were 'stackable' both vertically and horizontally. People will most likely not stick to straight 1-piece wide bridges. That's not that important, though, the main thing is to have some graphics at all ;)
Ok, I remade like you want but I don't quite sure if it is ok that the horizontal pieces are looking now much wider than the vertical ones. What about "stack-ability" I don't understand this. Do you want an option to make L-shaped bridges? Because I thought that building a bridge would be similar to building an underground conveyor that makes L-shapes impossible.
bridge-64x64.zip
(79.72 KiB) Downloaded 162 times

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

Hello !

Can u Please update this mod for the 0.11.5 PLZ :) I want this mod in the New veriosns :)
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

AlphaRaptor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlphaRaptor »

berni1212 wrote:Hello !

Can u Please update this mod for the 0.11.5 PLZ :) I want this mod in the New veriosns :)

Yea , This Mod is very cool and for MP its Even more fun

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE :D :D :D
Live your life like you want.
Mods are still Awesome , and i love Mods , for every Game.

Lov'in it.

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

It would be cool when you can have roads in MP to connect your Factorys and have a Main System :)

And i don't like to build my Factory on Dirt lol how should the Mashines and belts hold :D :mrgreen:

Thanks for the Mod and i Respect your Work on this
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

hitzu wrote:Ok, I remade like you want but I don't quite sure if it is ok that the horizontal pieces are looking now much wider than the vertical ones. What about "stack-ability" I don't understand this. Do you want an option to make L-shaped bridges? Because I thought that building a bridge would be similar to building an underground conveyor that makes L-shapes impossible.
Oh, it's wonderful! No need to worry about horizontal appearing bigger, it's a problem with Factorio's perspective and quite a few things already look that way, the bridges will fit right in. :)

Bridges will be built more like rails or walls in that you'll have to place every individual piece of them, another limitation I can't get around without lots of trouble. Plus, I don't want to limit their length, if a player wants to spend a ton of resources to build a mile long bridge to get across a sea, they should totally be able to do that. Unfortunately it also means that I have no control over what shapes players will make.
berni1212 wrote:Hello ! Can u Please update this mod for the 0.11.5 PLZ :) I want this mod in the New veriosns :)
AlphaRaptor wrote:Yea , This Mod is very cool and for MP its Even more fun UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE :D :D :D
No need to worry, I'm working on it. Just a bit of patience, please ;)

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

Thanks Sir :) I am Happy to Hear it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Can u say an Time when it could be released ?

Would be cool
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

berni1212 wrote:Can u say an Time when it could be released ?

Would be cool
That depends on how long will it take to get it working. I want to try making it multiplayer compatible and include bridges, though, so it might take quite a while.

I can try porting the old 1.06 version if there's interest. It wouldn't work in multiplayer and all the old bugs would be there, but it would be done much quicker.

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

Rahjital wrote:
berni1212 wrote:Can u say an Time when it could be released ?

Would be cool
That depends on how long will it take to get it working. I want to try making it multiplayer compatible and include bridges, though, so it might take quite a while.

I can try porting the old 1.06 version if there's interest. It wouldn't work in multiplayer and all the old bugs would be there, but it would be done much quicker.

You could try to make a Simple Version without Brides but MP Compatible and add the Brides later with the rest :)

That would work too
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

Btw is there Way that u can add Gates to your Mod :) like the Normal gates but Open faster and from a Higher distence :? I always crash with my tank in the Gates and Destroy them :/
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

hitzu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hitzu »

Rahjital wrote:Bridges will be built more like rails or walls in that you'll have to place every individual piece of them, another limitation I can't get around without lots of trouble. Plus, I don't want to limit their length, if a player wants to spend a ton of resources to build a mile long bridge to get across a sea, they should totally be able to do that. Unfortunately it also means that I have no control over what shapes players will make.
So the end-pieces would be as separate recipe? Without them a bridge would look very odd.
There is another issue that bother me: what if player use a bridge as a wall?

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

Ok thats true :/
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

hitzu wrote:So the end-pieces would be as separate recipe? Without them a bridge would look very odd.
I should be able to make it automatically turn the place where it touches land to be the end-piece. Worst comes to worst, they'll be built separately, but I'm pretty sure that will not be needed.

Using bridges as a wall won't be possible. Bridges will allow movement, not block it :)

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by berni1212 »

Rahjital wrote:
hitzu wrote:So the end-pieces would be as separate recipe? Without them a bridge would look very odd.
I should be able to make it automatically turn the place where it touches land to be the end-piece. Worst comes to worst, they'll be built separately, but I'm pretty sure that will not be needed.

Using bridges as a wall won't be possible. Bridges will allow movement, not block it :)
It would be cool if u can make Bridges :) over the water :)

Damn i want Raill crosses lOL
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

dopefish
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dopefish »

Looking forward to seeing this mod patched, looks really good.

Return to “Mods”