Testbench for 3/4way intersections

Smart setups of railway stations, intelligent routing, solutions to complex train-routing problems.
Please provide - only if it makes sense of course - a blueprint of your creation.
hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Testbench for 3/4way intersections

Post by hansjoachim »

v4.1.1 LHD wouldn't run. Some missing signals, fixed.

hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansjoachim »

v4.2 New score added to the test because of the new intersection forum. viewtopic.php?f=194&t=100614
Also added a mod that makes lamps that are off darker. Makes the display more readable.
Attachments
display.png
display.png (1.54 MiB) Viewed 6104 times

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Would you mind publishing a version that can function without creative mod substations?

hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansjoachim »

DaveMcW wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:17 am
Would you mind publishing a version that can function without creative mod substations?
It works without creative mod. It makes the display more cluttered with more substations. If you want to use it without creative mod, just place down some normal substations powering the display. I added the copper wiring back to the normal substations.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

Please disable fuel alerts.

Code: Select all

/alerts disable train_out_of_fuel

hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansjoachim »

4.3.1 Feature update: Custom train sets, an optional addon for auto testing multiple times
You can set a custom train path so that it simulates your own factory better. Much easier to adjust train lengths now. You have to be in manual mode to test custom sets.
Minor fixes
- You can switch set in the middle of a manual test
- Better detection for when the intersection is cleared.

Avona
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Avona »

Here is the 5.1 version of the addon (2022/7/27):

Last edited by Avona on Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:45 am, edited 5 times in total.

hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansjoachim »

4.5.2 Fixed a rounding error, where it would round down from .9 instead off up.
Now it rounds up from .5

lstndfnd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lstndfnd »

how hard would it be to add in another 4 outputs to test 8-way intersections with this set up?

hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansjoachim »

Depends on how well you know the testbench. It's very doable

Avona
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Avona »

The issue with the current test bench is that the input/output lanes overlap:

If you move lanes and stations around, you could remove the conflicting overlaps. It's also an issue we had with LRLR style 4 lane intersections but there were also more problems. 8 ways should be easier.

hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansjoachim »

New version 4.6
Adjustable input tpm, so that you can go beyond the standard 29 TPM or lower to hit the sweet spot for your intersection. Max is 33 tpm per lane.
Removed crossing between input and output. Allows intersections that uses [input output input output] for 4 lanes. Instead of the normal 4 lanes which are for RHT [output output input input].
Also cleaned up the spawning area.
Now support trains upto 40 cars.
Attachments
Skjermbilde 2022-05-01 152411.png
Skjermbilde 2022-05-01 152411.png (1.67 MiB) Viewed 5076 times

lstndfnd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lstndfnd »

hansjoachim wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:40 pm
Depends on how well you know the testbench. It's very doable
suppose i know very little about combinators. that is the last part of this game i have yet to fully comprehend.

would adding in the additional stops as exact copies of the 4 originals and just connect with circuit wires to the rest work? Will i need to add in additional trains for routes? will i need to modify the combinator system much if at all?

hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansjoachim »

lstndfnd wrote:
Tue May 03, 2022 10:10 pm
would adding in the additional stops as exact copies of the 4 originals and just connect with circuit wires to the rest work? Will i need to add in additional trains for routes? will i need to modify the combinator system much if at all?
That would work but it would be equivalent to just splitting up the current lanes from the stations.
In 4.6 version you can just take whatever two lanes from each direction and use them as 4 new ways. It won't work as a proper 8 way, that requires new train schedules, but it will "work".

lstndfnd
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by lstndfnd »

so if i am understanding you correctly, if i were to make exact copies of the original stations, rename the new stations like NE, NW, SE, SW, and add them to the trains for routes then it would work as a proper 8 way intersection testing system. no need to change any of the combinators in the system at all.

if i am incorrect then please elaborate.

i would like to see if this is something that could be incorporated and if it would please the community, i would post the BP for all 8-way intersections i have made along with the altered testing map for you to see how much i screw it up lol.

hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansjoachim »

lstndfnd wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 3:23 am
so if i am understanding you correctly, if i were to make exact copies of the original stations, rename the new stations like NE, NW, SE, SW, and add them to the trains for routes then it would work as a proper 8 way intersection testing system. no need to change any of the combinators in the system at all.

if i am incorrect then please elaborate.

i would like to see if this is something that could be incorporated and if it would please the community, i would post the BP for all 8-way intersections i have made along with the altered testing map for you to see how much i screw it up lol.
That could work.
I'd recommend making custom train schedules on the brick area and using manual to test 8 way intersections. Use the newest version 4.6 because ite easier to move/copy than earlier versions.
Remember to set the train in the far back to automatic.

hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansjoachim »

v4.6.1 New RHT and LHT Detector.
Together with 4.6 this now makes all kinds of combinations possible to test without errors. You can also now connect to whatever rail you want. No need to use the inner lanes. This makes it easier to adapt to different rail spacings as you don't have to do all the curves for 2/4 rail spacings.

hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansjoachim »

v5 Major update
Now it's an intersection tester for any intersections! if you are missing some connections, trains will use whatever lanes are available. The update from Kano to the spawning mod makes that possible.
Support for up to 16 ways or any combination of planned intersections. There is no need for lane changers if all lanes can't go in every direction.
Recommended set 4, in manual mode, for testing planned intersections, as in not 3/4/8 way intersections.
New 3/4 way detector.
Fixed two significant bugs as well.

hansjoachim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by hansjoachim »

v5.0.6
With version 5.0.4 multiple issues were fixed regarding the 3/4way detector. Also added lights to easier see which trains are being spawned and named all stations so that you can see which trains are being spawned. Makes it easier to change things and to understand the bench.
5.0.5 introduced some error to the train schedules, mainly because I copied from on area to another, so I had to redo the schedules

farcast
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by farcast »

In v5.0.6

Set 2 RHT 3-way is different from set 2 LHT 3-way. East coming trains prefer to go west for RHT instead of south.
Efficient inefficient design.

Return to “Railway Setups”