Can't Connect To Server: Map won't get downloaded

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
Froinchi_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Can't Connect To Server: Map won't get downloaded

Post by Froinchi_ »

Hello everyone. I can't connect to my friend's server, I am having the problem that I attached screenshots of. It says "Trying to apply migration 2019-09-05_FARL_3.1.13.lua(Fully Automated Rail Layer) while joining a multiplayer game" and never connects to server. I have tried the solutions that got recommended on this topic: viewtopic.php?t=44804 , I tried full reinstall of the game, and full reinstall of the mods. Neither solved my problem. I don't know what to do. Please help me, thanks.
Screenshot 1
Screenshot 1
PromiseMeYouCan.png (23.02 KiB) Viewed 2822 times
Screenshot 2
Screenshot 2
keepAnEyeOnDan.png (24.75 KiB) Viewed 2822 times

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Can't Connect To Server: Map won't get downloaded

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I don’t know, maybe someone else will have more ideas, but off the bat, that version of FARL is way out of date. It’s possible the issue you’re encountering has already been solved in a later version. Further, that version of FARL was for Factorio v0.17. That’s all I’ve got. *shrug*
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

Froinchi_ wrote:
Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:22 pm
Hello everyone. I can't connect to my friend's server, I am having the problem that I attached screenshots of. It says "Trying to apply migration 2019-09-05_FARL_3.1.13.lua(Fully Automated Rail Layer) while joining a multiplayer game" and never connects to server. I have tried the solutions that got recommended on this topic: viewtopic.php?t=44804 , I tried full reinstall of the game, and full reinstall of the mods. Neither solved my problem. I don't know what to do. Please help me, thanks.
Pretty sure that error is because the game is trying to apply a migration to the save, which shouldn't ever happen loading a multiplayer game - it should already have had any migrations applied when it was loaded by the server.

You should go into your mods folder, find any FARL directories/zip files, and delete them manually. You might have an old version's files stuck somewhere, and reinstalling the game/mods wouldn't remove those old files. That's why the original thread said to remove the steam install folder - in that case it was a base game migration, in this case it's a mod migration so it would be somewhere in the mods folder.

Froinchi_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Froinchi_ »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:43 am
I don’t know, maybe someone else will have more ideas, but off the bat, that version of FARL is way out of date. It’s possible the issue you’re encountering has already been solved in a later version. Further, that version of FARL was for Factorio v0.17. That’s all I’ve got. *shrug*
I have notified the server owner. Thanks for the heads up.
Silari wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:24 am

Pretty sure that error is because the game is trying to apply a migration to the save, which shouldn't ever happen loading a multiplayer game - it should already have had any migrations applied when it was loaded by the server.

You should go into your mods folder, find any FARL directories/zip files, and delete them manually. You might have an old version's files stuck somewhere, and reinstalling the game/mods wouldn't remove those old files. That's why the original thread said to remove the steam install folder - in that case it was a base game migration, in this case it's a mod migration so it would be somewhere in the mods folder.
I have deleted the Factorio folder in steamapps/common, and deleted the Factorio folder in %appdata%. After this, I clicked verify the game integrity, and downloaded the whole game that way again. Then booted up the game, synced mods with server, and I am still getting the same problem.

DarkShadow44
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DarkShadow44 »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
That migration is the only migration current FARL has, I don't think it's out of date.

Can others connect to the server? If not, look for the problem on the server side.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

DarkShadow44 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:40 am
FuryoftheStars wrote:
That migration is the only migration current FARL has, I don't think it's out of date.

Can others connect to the server? If not, look for the problem on the server side.
Ah, my mistake. After getting some sleep and rereading it, I see now that was simply the migration script's file name, not the mod version itself (in reference to the 3.1.13).

I wonder, what would happen if the OP was to delete the migration folder and its contents from their copy of the mod? Disclaimer: I've never played multiplayer, so no idea if that'll work.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Froinchi_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Froinchi_ »

FuryoftheStars wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:00 pm

Ah, my mistake. After getting some sleep and rereading it, I see now that was simply the migration script's file name, not the mod version itself (in reference to the 3.1.13).

I wonder, what would happen if the OP was to delete the migration folder and its contents from their copy of the mod? Disclaimer: I've never played multiplayer, so no idea if that'll work.
DarkShadow44 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:40 am

Everyone else except me successfully connects to the server. I will try to find and delete this migration files too, if it works I will update the post.

Froinchi_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Froinchi_ »

I tried deleting migration files, deleting the lines in it, etc. It also didn't work.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Froinchi_ wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:16 pm
I tried deleting migration files, deleting the lines in it, etc. It also didn't work.
That cannot be, the game cannot load the migration file if you deleted it. Do you have multiple factorio installations and are deleting stuff in an installation that you aren't actually using? If not, then post the complete log file after a session with the issue, see 52433.

DarkShadow44
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DarkShadow44 »

Froinchi_ wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:02 pm
Everyone else except me successfully connects to the server. I will try to find and delete this migration files too, if it works I will update the post.
You do have the exact same factorio version, right?
If everyone else can connect, are you sure you cleaned up the right files?
Froinchi_ wrote:
With the exact same error? Because as Loewchen said, that can't happen. You should get at least a checksum error.

Froinchi_
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Froinchi_ »

DarkShadow44 wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:24 pm
Froinchi_ wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:02 pm
You do have the exact same factorio version, right?
If everyone else can connect, are you sure you cleaned up the right files?
Yes, all of us players and the server use 1.1.45 Experimental.
I tried deleting the game from steamapps/common and clicking "verify game integrity", tried uninstalling the game from Steam and reinstalling, tried uninstalling the game from Steam, went to %appdata%/Factorio and deleted the folder and reinstalling, tried to remove Factorio from a program called Revo Uninstaller, which also deletes the files app creates in appdata, registry, etc. and reinstalling. None worked, sadly.
Loewchen wrote:
Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:42 pm
Froinchi_ wrote:
That cannot be, the game cannot load the migration file if you deleted it. Do you have multiple factorio installations and are deleting stuff in an installation that you aren't actually using? If not, then post the complete log file after a session with the issue, see 52433.
I have a single Factorio installed in my computer. I tried to delete the TFAR mod's migration folder's XML file, as recommended above. Completely deleting file caused "this mod is not loaded" and sending me to mod sync screen. I also tried to delete the codelines inside that file, only leaving the lines that are doing the migration. They all caused me to get the sync screen while connecting to screen. I only tried to modify TFAR mod's XML file.
My factorio-current.log file: https://pastebin.com/F7dyb2ze

Return to “Technical Help”