Give me Advice: Freeplay Games

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
bombasticjoe
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Give me Advice: Freeplay Games

Post by bombasticjoe »

Alright so,
I played Factorio and I built a mid-game factory (grass),
didn't play for a week (built new PC), and came back to Spaghetti.
I made a new game (this time in desert) and holy Jesus the pollution.
No trees, at all. So now I'm left with 3 options:
- Go back to Spaghetti World
- Try to not die in desert-world
- Make a new one

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Give me Advice: Freeplay Games

Post by SoShootMe »

bombasticjoe wrote:
Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:28 pm
Alright so,
I played Factorio and I built a mid-game factory (grass),
didn't play for a week (built new PC), and came back to Spaghetti.
I made a new game (this time in desert) and holy Jesus the pollution.
No trees, at all. So now I'm left with 3 options:
- Go back to Spaghetti World
- Try to not die in desert-world
- Make a new one
You'll probably learn a lot by perservering with the desert start. There are various things you can try, such as:
  • Eliminate the threat: take out nests inside your pollution cloud. Beware this will increase enemy evolution and cause your pollution to spread even further, so this is a temporary reprieve and you should expect to be hit back harder later on. Use the time wisely to prepare.
  • Reduce your pollution output: upgrade machines with a high duty cycle to assembling machine 2 (if you didn't already), use efficiency modules, use solar power.
  • Go defensive: use walls or mines. Take advantage of natural choke points (water, cliffs). With walls, adding some flamethrower turrets is highly effective (position them back from the wall, due to their minimum range) and they are cheap to run. Automate repair/replacement (construction robots, repair packs, and the items you need to build your defence).
On the other hand, you might find it useful to go back to your earlier game to get a better understanding of where you are heading in the desert game.

Bauer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Bauer »

Start a new desert game and make it better this time.

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MEOWMI »

I would probably continue with the one where you think your base you is better, likely your desert world one. It should be possible! Focus on automating as much as possible if it's difficult, I found that to be the biggest help in my early days. Beyond that, the main threat is probably running out of ore so make sure to expand when you can.

Return to “Gameplay Help”