Migrate blueprints from 0.17 to 1.1

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Migrate blueprints from 0.17 to 1.1

Post by FuryoftheStars »

So, it's been a couple years. Last time I played was during 0.17. I know I can't just load 0.17 blueprints straight into 1.1, so I used the beta versions to step my game down to 1.0, loaded up a game (all the way in and verified that blueprints were showing), then exited, went back to 1.1, but then get the error message on starting a game that my blueprints are from 0.17 (and thus can't be used).

What's the proper way to get these to migrate up? What step did I miss? I kind of expected that just loading into a game would have done this.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Migrate blueprints from 0.17 to 1.1

Post by Loewchen »

You need to change something in your library for it to update.

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Ah, ok, thank you. Not how I expected it to behave. :/

Hmm, and it seems to have completely blanked out some of my blueprints because they had entity data in them for mods from 0.17, that I either haven't downloaded the 1.0 versions or 1.0 versions don't exist (but 1.1 versions do).

That's not helpful. :(
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Yup, so without the specific mods in 1.0, when I make a change to the overall library, it won't update the blueprints with mod data in them to the 1.0 format. This results in 1.1 then seeing these as still 0.17 blueprints and deletes them.

Crap. I've got over 100 blueprints and had just over 200 mods under 0.17. This is not going to be fun.... >.>

Return to “Gameplay Help”