Shooting backwards if at the edge of a tile

Things that has been reported already before.
dgattey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Shooting backwards if at the edge of a tile

Post by dgattey »

Despite aiming at my feet in the screenshot, I'm facing right and shooting left, at a tile ~10 tiles away. This happens when aiming manually and shooting by holding down C. All I have to do is position myself at the left edge, then move the cursor to my feet. Instead of shooting ahead, it switches at one point to shoot behind despite looking forward. And it's aiming at a tile really far away.

Probably just a rounding error, but it's odd. It happens when facing left/at the right edge of a tile too. Near the edge is all that's needed.

Screenshot uses modded ammo but it's still the same regular ammo prototype under the hood. The gun is a stock machine gun.
Attachments
bug_a.png
bug_a.png (4.53 MiB) Viewed 1958 times
Last edited by dgattey on Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Shooting backwards if at the edge of a tile

Post by Loewchen »

I cannot produce this in vanilla and I cannot see how it would be possible since the vanilla smg needs a target and cannot be fired in a direction alone. If you can reproduce this in vanilla, post a save with the player in position and the exact coordinates to target please, you can do this via screenshot with the debug overlay active.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Yea, this is most likely an error on the mod, defining the gun and ammo parameters in a way that makes the character shoot weird,
I will move to pending, because perhaps there is something else in our logic that is wrong depending, but likely it is just a mod issue

dgattey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dgattey »

Ah thanks for the speedy reply - yes, absolutely a mod problem because in vanilla, you do indeed have to aim directly at something to shoot it. Thanks!

dgattey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dgattey »

Looks like this is actually the same as viewtopic.php?f=48&t=76828&p=554901#p554901. The dev (Deadlock) got back to me and said it's the stock gun, but it's the ammo that seems to suffer from the same problem as that old post in the forums. Would be amazing if that could be fixed, but it's minor.

Return to “Duplicates”