[1.1.43] Error Util.cpp:83: double value not in range for fixed point number

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
kryojenik
Inserter
Inserter

[1.1.43] Error Util.cpp:83: double value not in range for fixed point number

Post by kryojenik »

When starting up (starting a new game, or an existing save) it crashes on load of the game with:

"2406.267 Error Util.cpp:83: double value not in range for fixed point number"

I have a long list of mods loaded, I'll start seeing if I can narrow it down to a specific one, or set.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(17.34 KiB) Downloaded 119 times

jakeman27
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Version 1.1.43

Post by jakeman27 »

Can confirm the same issue, ran for a few minutes after connecting to the server but then crashed. The server seems to not crash. Again I have a whole list of Mods so will need to do some investigation to see whats causing it
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(685.59 KiB) Downloaded 138 times

jakeman27
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.1.43] Error Util.cpp:83: double value not in range for fixed point number

Post by jakeman27 »

Kryojenik, this is a list of the common mods between our log files, might make figuring out the culprit easier
Attachments
Common Mods.txt
(1.13 KiB) Downloaded 135 times

kryojenik
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [1.1.43] Error Util.cpp:83: double value not in range for fixed point number

Post by kryojenik »

Yeah.. was doing exactly that.. I think I've narrowed it down to a single mod: (Edited: More likely just a consistent / reliable trigger)

Companion_Drones

Starting a new game with all default settings and only this mod causes the error. Removing this mod from the game and leaving my entire list allows me to load existing games.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(6 KiB) Downloaded 144 times

jakeman27
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jakeman27 »

I can confirm the same results as you, certainly seems to be that mod

jakeman27
Inserter
Inserter

Post by jakeman27 »

Okay so doing a little more poking it is specifically relating to when the companion drones use their lasers for anything. Runs fine with them just following around.
Observed behaviour is when forcing them to deconstruct something a ribbon of decoration disappears across the screen horizontally approx the height of the item to be removed.
I'm not sure if this is a mod issue or if it is something in lua/factorio.
As before this will not crash a server just the client on multiplayer.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Post by Oxyd »

It's because Companion Drones contains a spider leg definition that has scale set to 0, which then causes a division by zero in the game. Fixed for 1.1.44, thanks for the logs!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”