[1.1.42] Crash when saving after server ended (Dialog<enum ModsLoadErrorGuiResult>::getResultButtonByResult)

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
r0estir0bbe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[1.1.42] Crash when saving after server ended (Dialog<enum ModsLoadErrorGuiResult>::getResultButtonByResult)

Post by r0estir0bbe »

What did you do?
1. Join a friends game via Steam
2. Friend stops the game
3. Click on "save" in the resulting "Server ended" dialog

What happened?
During saving, Factorio crashed and showed an error: "Unexpected error occured".
Factorio saved the game successfully, the save game is not corrupt.

What did you expect to happen instead? It might be obvious to you, but do it anyway!
Factorio saves the game without a crash.

Additional information
I can provide the resulting save game, if needed. It is however, quite big (~180MiB).
mods
Attachments
factorio-current2.log
(142.72 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Last edited by r0estir0bbe on Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: [1.1.42] Crash when saving after server ended

Post by Loewchen »

That is the wrong log.

r0estir0bbe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.42] Crash when saving after server ended

Post by r0estir0bbe »

Thanks for the info, I updated with the correct one (I loaded the save to confirm that it was valid).

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.42] Crash when saving after server ended (Dialog<enum ModsLoadErrorGuiResult>::getResultButtonByResult)

Post by Rseding91 »

Sorry about the late reply: I looked into the crash log and wasn't able to spot anything strange. There have been some fixes around this logic between this report and now.

Do you have any steps to reproduce this? Or have you had any other issues since this happened?
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

r0estir0bbe
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.42] Crash when saving after server ended (Dialog<enum ModsLoadErrorGuiResult>::getResultButtonByResult)

Post by r0estir0bbe »

No worries. During our play session, this bug did not appear again. To me it seems like some random occurrence.

I was not able to pinpoint exact steps to reproduce it either.

Return to “Pending”