[Tobias] [1.1.41] Victory window locked behind inventory when mod opens it afterwards

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Umenen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Tobias] [1.1.41] Victory window locked behind inventory when mod opens it afterwards

Post by Umenen »

Playing with the Archipelago multiworld/randomizer mod: http://archipelago.gg:48484/

Background:
This mod hides and revamps the whole standard tech tree - when a research is completed it sends a message to a remote server, which then responds with which technology you unlocked, triggering an instant force research of that tech. In addition to this, the mod will provide a whole stack of any items that are unlocked with any particular research that is received (i.e. getting a full stack of factories and long-handed inserters when Automation is completed). One additional function of this process is that when victory is achieved and a rocket is launched, the server will then push out all researches that you had not completed prior to the rocket launch, providing you with potentially 100+ technology researches all being completed at once, followed by a whole stack of items from each tech until your inventory is full.

Setup:
Launch a rocket, but keep the rocket silo interaction window open. Wait for the victory window to pop up over top of the rocket silo interaction window. Use console commands to force multiple researches to complete, or add items to your inventory until it is full.

Results:
What ends up happening is that when the rocket launches, the victory window pops up for a moment with the time played, bugs killed, etc. A moment after that pops up, the Archipelago mod starts processing all the technologies that are now being forcefully researched/completed all at once, along with the corresponding items being added to the inventory.

After the techs are researched and the items are added to my inventory, the rocket silo interaction screen + my inventory pop back in front, over top of the victory screen. At this point the game is still running and I can still run around, but I can no longer close my inventory (keyboard shortcut and clicking on the X in the corner both do not work), and no other menus can be accessed.

Issue is consistently reproducible using the archipelago mod, but requires the archipelago server+client software to trigger the mass research+item dump. I'm not entirely sure whether the issue is triggered by researches completing or items being added to the inventory until it is full, as both happen nearly simultaneously in this mod. Maybe also triggered by getting the logistics systems research, making my currently open inventory try to add the player logistics section.

The only options I've found here are to wait for the factorio client to trigger an auto-save, which puts the victory window back in front, or to alt+f4 out of the game if you don't want to wait that long. The expected behavior would be for the victory screen to always be in the foreground, or clicking anywhere on the screen should bring it back forward so it can be dismissed as normal.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(20.58 KiB) Downloaded 222 times

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.41] Victory window locked behind inventory when mod opens it afterwards

Post by Klonan »

can you provide a save game with the setup easy to test?

atomizer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.1.41] Victory window locked behind inventory when mod opens it afterwards

Post by atomizer »

Reproduced this in vanilla. Start in multiplayer, exit editor with /editor, open player menu and wait. Victory window appears, then player menu jumps in front when logistics are researched.
Attachments
victory-gui-test.zip
(1.54 MiB) Downloaded 217 times

atomizer
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by atomizer »

Another way to get stuck: click on a tag in chat that opens a GUI (train for example) while the victory window is visible

Tobias1595
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [Tobias] [1.1.41] Victory window locked behind inventory when mod opens it afterwards

Post by Tobias1595 »

Thanks for the report. The issue will be resolved in the next version.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”