[1.1.37] Expansion broke (macOS)

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
azesmbog
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.37] Expansion broke (macOS)

Post by azesmbog »

I have a vanilla game by default.
I did not turn off anything anywhere.
For some time now I noticed that biters have ceased to settle in the cleared territories.
It's completely uninteresting to play like that.
How to check - switch - fix this unpleasant situation ??
* crying *

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [1.1.37] Expansion broke (macOS)

Post by Silari »

Code: Select all

/c game.player.print(game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.enabled)
will tell if you expansion is enabled in your game. If it isn't,

Code: Select all

/c game.map_settings.enemy_expansion.enabled = true
should enable it again.

Obviously, using /c commands will disable achievements. Save beforehand.

If it already is enabled, there's a debug option to show expansion chunk candidates (colored by likelihood) and/or their values. They'll only expand so far from a base, and they try to avoid player structures to a certain extent. It's possible there just isn't any expansion going on where you can see it.

azesmbog
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by azesmbog »

Thanks for your help!!
But apparently the reality is still worse.
Although the moderators apparently put it in the "Help", they think that I broke it myself, or I don't know how the expansion works. Anyway.
This map of mine is three years old, and I have never turned off the expansion, and during this time many millions of biters and spitters have been killed. I keep them at a cannon-shot distance. I also have many thousands of guns. There are outposts that fire off enemies regularly as they come within reach and build their nests. Hopefully this is standard behavior.
Some time ago I noticed that cannon shells stopped decreasing in quantity :(
At the most frequently attacked outpost, I fully loaded the shells. Not a single shell has been used up in the last 72 hours. So not a single nest was built.
I checked the expansion with the script. True.
What can you try to check in debug mode ??

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

"Show-enemy-expansion-candidate-chunks" is the option in the debug menu to show where biters are looking to expand. The map view will have colored circles on chunks, the closer to green the more likely to be chosen with closer to red being less likely. No circle means there's no base close enough to expand there. IIRC.

azesmbog
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by azesmbog »

And yet the expansion on my main base (Base # 1) is broken and does not work and does not turn on. : (((
I will try to develop the idea.
Here is a screenshot from Base # 2.
expan_base2.jpg
expan_base2.jpg (342.46 KiB) Viewed 1608 times
Here you have to think correctly.
Biters around the perimeter try to create new nests, as soon as the nest is created, the automatic cannon is triggered, destroys the nest, the biters either return home, or run to the point of shot. Is everything correct and logical?
Now we return to Base # 1.
expan0.jpg
expan0.jpg (56.74 KiB) Viewed 1608 times
This is a map save 2 years ago. Game version 1.0.0 (in the latest versions 1.1.37 this map does not load, which is strange, okay, I have almost all versions of the game)
As you can see, there is still expansion.
Note - on the left border, down for many thousands of kilometers, the expansion is not shown, as if it is not there !!! This is very strange behavior :)
expan1.jpg
expan1.jpg (30.76 KiB) Viewed 1608 times
This is the same place 4 months ago.
As you can see, the expansion is still taking place and the outposts shoot the nest spawning spots quite regularly.
Well, the third screenshot, our days :)
expan2.jpg
expan2.jpg (25.5 KiB) Viewed 1606 times
The same place, no hint of expansion neither here nor below, nor above)), nor further.
Absolutely none.
But at the same time, if you check with a script, it writes - TRUE, type included.
Everything?? Expansion has stopped ?? Life is over :(
I'm not crying. I - sob !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!%: ((((((((((((((((

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

I think your artillery range has grown so big, that they shot all the nests in expansion range of Base #1.

azesmbog
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by azesmbog »

Yes, I also had the thought that I crossed some important threshold, after which the expansion simply turned off.
But here's the deal.
Base number 1
Artillery range increased to level 12, this is +360%
Base number 2
Artillery range increased to level 14, this is +420%
So it doesn't add up.
Possibly influenced by geometrical dimensions.
Base number 2 is very tiny - only 10,000 x 10,000 cells.
Base # 1 is infinitely huge in size. It is possible that the AI ​​does not even want to calculate such trifles as some kind of expansion. She completely ignores her.
Well, that's how me - the developers of this beautiful, but it turns out Ultimate, Games :)

Return to “Technical Help”