Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: pY Alien Life - Discussion

Post by pyanodon »

factoriogame1121 wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:42 pm
pyanodon wrote:
Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:28 pm

We´ve been working a lot here behind the curtains. New features in the next releases. :)
Hello
I didn't seem to notice this yet in the game.
Will this develop?
It will be in the new release.We removed due bugs in the current version.
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

AndrewSkier wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:00 pm
when is the next version coming?

I'd be happy to help test. Have quite a bit of PY experience with many playthroughs.
Soon tm. Probably in the end of year
pY Coal processing mod

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriogame1121 »

Hello. Please tell me. The recipe for Nexelite Ore from Liquid Waste lists two opening technologies: Coal Treatment 2 and Nexelite Treatment. Are they required at the same time, or will any of them unlock this recipe? If they are required at the same time, then at this point a dead end arises.

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

Liquid waste? You mean tailings?

You only need one research to get raw nexelit from tailings

Pridesfall
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Pridesfall »

Maybe it's intended but the Schrodinger antelope enclosure works without needing an animal module inside. It also lets you add speed modules, so with 2 speed module 2's you can make antelope in 2 hours. Yea, it's a long time, although not really that long in this mod, but it also means you can bypass needing to create tritium.

fractalman
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by fractalman »

That works for a lot of animal pens. Probably all of them and all plantations, technically, though the latter usually also uses seeds or spores in the recipe.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

the bug of putting speed modules in farm buildings will be fixed in the next release.
pY Coal processing mod

Rolz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rolz »

okay Hi everyone. Sorry first post and asking dumb questions. After reading and watching videos i have no choice but to seek assistance. Forgive me if this is the wrong section.

okay its about niobium ore , i cannot seem to mine those ore rocks that look like iron from the ground. I found that you need a ground boar machine WITH the upgrades that have the ability to mine it...however that is locked away in lvl2 tier upgrades with red chips - in which i need niobium ore to make the red chips from red optic fiber in the first place. Is there any other way. What mines the ore patch? what have i missed.

I guess i was an idiot for not loading up those other mods that tell you what you needed.. how stupid i was thinking i could wing it. Someone please put my misery to rest. Thank you. Brilliant mod btw about 30 hours in.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Rolz wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:56 am
okay Hi everyone. Sorry first post and asking dumb questions. After reading and watching videos i have no choice but to seek assistance. Forgive me if this is the wrong section.

okay its about niobium ore , i cannot seem to mine those ore rocks that look like iron from the ground. I found that you need a ground boar machine WITH the upgrades that have the ability to mine it...however that is locked away in lvl2 tier upgrades with red chips - in which i need niobium ore to make the red chips from red optic fiber in the first place. Is there any other way. What mines the ore patch? what have i missed.

I guess i was an idiot for not loading up those other mods that tell you what you needed.. how stupid i was thinking i could wing it. Someone please put my misery to rest. Thank you. Brilliant mod btw about 30 hours in.
there is a niobium mine , u get it if u press q when u hover over the ore patch and it operates useing refined syngas and drill heads as fuel
u tshould have this type of mine unlocked

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Yeah, the Ground Borer allows you to extract *any* (?) ore (if teched up high enough) from *anywhere*, not just from actual ore patches. While the normal Niobium Mine is unlocked by the green science Coal processing 2.
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Rolz
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Rolz »

Thanks for the replies, much appropriated :mrgreen: now it all makes sense. it was those block ore types after all damn... I had logically assumed those patches would be picked up by something easier then having to find those ore mining blocks. I have just not come across them yet.

thanks heaps!

asfoitio
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by asfoitio »

I have some questions. Do moss-mk03 and moss-mk04 have no recipe?

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

asfoitio wrote:
Sat Dec 18, 2021 8:20 am
I have some questions. Do moss-mk03 and moss-mk04 have no recipe?
currently yes

BEELINEUA
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by BEELINEUA »

Good afternoon engineers!
Technological upgrade does not work, for example, the second technology in the creature chamber for neural fusion is selected, but it does not give any bonuses.
And after the reboot, the green select button is lit red as if I didn’t select anything, and I can’t press it again.
Factorio_2022_02_01_14_53_10_182.jpg (1.59 MiB) Viewed 5955 times
Factorio_2022_02_01_14_52_55_732.jpg (1.42 MiB) Viewed 5955 times

couchinator
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by couchinator »

I am also having problems with the tech upgrades, specifically the Research Center prod upgrade. It applies the productivity bonus to the py science pack and the cottongut red one, but not the other recipies that show up under coal processing. The building shows the prod bonus until you select a recipe then it disappears.

Thanks

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

its being solved :)
pY Coal processing mod

JokerJC
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by JokerJC »

It is hoped that the production of arithmetic operators, judgment operators and other equipment will be advanced to Red Bottle Technology, so that it can be used to control the automatic and precise production of various biological DNA samples and behavioral data.

factoriogame1121
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by factoriogame1121 »

Finally, I took a short (month) vacation and decided to try to play these impressive mods (without AE).
Guys, this is just amazing. I enjoy every step. This is so amazing that there are simply no words. I'm just in a highly intellectual aesthetic trance. This is simply the best thing I have ever seen in my life.

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

factoriogame1121 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 5:07 am
Finally, I took a short (month) vacation and decided to try to play these impressive mods (without AE).
Guys, this is just amazing. I enjoy every step. This is so amazing that there are simply no words. I'm just in a highly intellectual aesthetic trance. This is simply the best thing I have ever seen in my life.
Woa..thank you! Im glad you enjoyed our mods that much. :D :D
pY Coal processing mod

Pan Jaszczomp
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Pan Jaszczomp »

Might be slightly unrelated to AL, but i'm not sure where to post it to get some dev attention.

I'm ~200h in, playing WITHOUT AL (currently working towards blue chips) and I've been wondering if i'm supposed to be able to make MK2 and further of plantations (fawogae, ralesia etc) (without AL) - they show up in FNEI, but i can't seem to be able to make them and there is no tech that would allow that. Is that on purpose or is it a bug?

If it is a bug I'm willing to make a pull request with fix - it's mildly annoying (0.3 crafting speed on MK1 ralesia and fawogae) but nothing too serious - I just have a LOT of fawogae MK1.

Thanks for your attention :) and thanks for making such an amazing mod, i've been really enjoying it - makes the game feel all new again - I feel like i might be able to actually finish it (again, no AL... yet)

PS there are also some missing strings for labels in the mod combo I'm playing (everything but AL/AE) - could fix those as well if you're interested
Last edited by Pan Jaszczomp on Sat Sep 17, 2022 1:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Return to “PyMods”