"No Path" to station (circuit train limit)

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
mrAndersen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

"No Path" to station (circuit train limit)

Post by mrAndersen »

I am using S=Supply stations and D=Demand station, i have the following setup

And the following station setup

But i have strange problem, trains only choose ONE single copper supply (on the left with 0 train limit), and because it has 0 train limit - trains are alerting "No Path", instead of going to second one which can accept 5 trains. What i am doing wrong? As long as i remember trains should dynamically choose next free station with the same name, should they?

P.S. The actually path is of course available

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: "No Path" to station (circuit train limit)

Post by Loewchen »

You don't get "No path" when there is no available station, the only way to get that is if there is an available station without a path to it. If you cannot find it yourself post the save and someone will find it for you.

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by astroshak »

If the stations all have a limit of 0 and a train wants to go to one, then the floating message you get at the train is “Destination Full”.

“No Path” means you are either missing a segment of track somewhere, or more likely, you have signaling issues somewhere.

You should be able to determine which by using the temporary stop function. Don’t actually send the train somewhere, but use it to see what the path is, and where the path won’t go further. Your issue should be somewhere around there.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

I wish trains with "No path" would highlight every reachable part of the train network in their map view like other trains highlight their path. Maybe with red dots where the path finding runs into a dead end.

mrAndersen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mrAndersen »

mrvn wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:57 am
I wish trains with "No path" would highlight every reachable part of the train network in their map view like other trains highlight their path. Maybe with red dots where the path finding runs into a dead end.
Yeah this feature would be very nice, after 10 hours of factorio i was unable to detect signaling problem, this topic can definitely be closed...

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

mrAndersen wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:57 am
mrvn wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:57 am
Yeah this feature would be very nice, after 10 hours of factorio i was unable to detect signaling problem, this topic can definitely be closed...
So what happens when you open the train schedule, press shift and hover over the copper loading station? Does it have a path? Trace the path you think it should take with the mouse while pressing ctrl, where does it stop?

Return to “Gameplay Help”