[1.1.39] Error on start with Sidecar (Failed to create OpenGL context: Failed creating OpenGL pixel format)

Bugs that we were not able to reproduce, and/or are waiting for more detailed info.
Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.39] Error on start with Sidecar (Failed to create OpenGL context: Failed creating OpenGL pixel format)

Post by Xorimuth »

Could be related to viewtopic.php?t=71212.

It works fine with preferred-display-index=0, but gives the above error on start with preferred-display-index=1. Display index 1 is an iPad Air 4th Gen being used as an external display using Sidecar. I've played Factorio many times with my actual monitor with no issues, so it isn't just 'no external monitors work'. Changing `full-screen` or running without Steam makes no difference.

Factorio does run on the iPad display if "Preferred screen" is set to the iPad display after starting it on the main display.

(I don't particularly mind if this gets fixed or not; I don't intend to do lots of mod dev with an iPad as a 2nd screen!)
factorio-current.log
(1.17 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

StrangePan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.39] Error on start with Sidecar (Failed to create OpenGL context: Failed creating OpenGL pixel format)

Post by StrangePan »

Hello again Xorimuth, are you still encountering this issue?

I've been unable to reproduce this problems with the latest versions of macOS with a MacBook and an iPad in sidecar. I tested both a recent version of Factorio (1.1.76) and the aforementioned one (1.1.39).

I seem to recall that macOS was experiencing stability problems with external displays and sidecar in the past, and that Apple has released a few fixes since then. We've also upgraded several of Factorio's dependencies since.

Return to “Pending”