Balancing and Integration

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

maxZZzzz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Balancing and Integration

Post by maxZZzzz »

I want to play Angel Bob with other mods like RSO, Rampant and Natural Evolution. Angel has all overhaul settings active (esp. Research) If I only start a Game with default settings I have the following Problems:

* Turrets are locked behind 2nd tier science, but biters attack way before that in an unmanagable frequency
* I run out of resources in the starting area before i am capable of cleaning hives to acquire more resource patches

1.) Is it possible to survive on default settings
2.) What settings would you suggest to change to make the game winnable again (except turning off overhaul)
3.) Are there other mods that would help to overcome early game

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Balancing and Integration

Post by valneq »

Angel's Tech overhaul makes the game much slower by making everything more involved, and thus more difficult.
Rampant and Natural Evolution make the game more difficult by throwing more and different biters at you, which are also smarter.

Are you sure you want to combine these mods?

Do you play with Angel's Exploration? That mod alone already changes up biters in a significant way, making them more difficult, but is intended to be playable with overhauls. Balancing is not final yet, but it's being worked on: https://github.com/Arch666Angel/mods/issues/381

"Rampant Arsenal" and "Natural Evolution Buildings" mods are supposed to provide better and earlier methods to defend against biters, have you tried those? I'm not sure to which extent they are compatible with Tech overhaul.

maxZZzzz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Balancing and Integration

Post by maxZZzzz »

Thanks for the Tip. I was missing "Natural Evolution Buildings" still.
valneq wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:25 pm
Are you sure you want to combine these mods?
As long as I can make it work :). If it is impossible to get to the Rocket, than not.
valneq wrote:
Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:25 pm
Do you play with Angel's Exploration?
Hm. Yes actualy. Meanwhile I have read that this mod increases the HP of the biters. That might explain why I could not survive the first wave. Maybe I can tune it down a bit in the settings. Will see.

I am still trying to figure out how much Iron and Copper I need to spend to get a decent Loadout for removing Biter Bases.

Return to “Angels Mods”