Blueprints import failure

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Nejo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Blueprints import failure

Post by Nejo »

Hi!

havent played in some time and i dont know if i missed someting,but......
when ever i try to copy a blueprint for the website by pressing "copy to clipbord" when i get in game and control v it i only get 2 poles no matter what blueprint i want to import, have someting changed so im doing it wrong??

best regards!

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Blueprints import failure

Post by Tertius »

Would help if you provide the web page from where you tried to copy the blueprint.
Keep in mind, if the blueprint contains modded items, and you don't have the corresponding mod installed, the modded items are left out.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

And explain EXACTLY every single step you perform trying to import.

Nejo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nejo »

im not sure about mods on the blueprint, but its not only 1 blueprint and i have pulled many blueprints before at the begining.

i simple have clicked on copy to clipbord (as before when i have played) or marked all the string and pressed control+C, then in game simply pull up the blueprintbook and pressed control+V, but no matter what blueprint i try and i have tryed atleast 4-5 differnt now i only get the same blueprint with 2 big electric powerpoles...

this is the blueprint i first tried https://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/comme ... ed_trains/

dont make seanse to me :/

Tertius
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Tertius »

Works for me. All of them. The direct blueprints as well as the pastbin-ones. It's some large railway-stuff in the blueprints.
To use the blueprints, you need to use the import button. Not simply CTRL-V in a blueprint book.
See the wiki: https://wiki.factorio.com/Blueprint#Imp ... blueprints

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Ctrl+V just puts the last COPY blueprint on the cursor, it does not import anything. If you want to import a string you need to open the import-blueprint-string window with the button on your shortcut bar and paste the string.

Nejo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Nejo »

yep after alot of testing, did i found out that my game had removed the import string button, that was the problem!

so thx for the help with my retardness^^

Return to “Gameplay Help”