Vehicle flamethrower.

Anything related to the content on our wiki (https://wiki.factorio.com/)

Moderator: Bilka

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Vehicle flamethrower.

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Feature of the tank version of the flamethrower, according to the official wiki:

Vehicle flamethrower: 67.5/s

see https://wiki.factorio.com/Tank

but what I have experienced in the game with/without mods is 60/s.

1-) Is ''21 May 2021,'' the current wiki correct, did I see it in the game, or am I ignoring something?

2-) personal flamethrower and tank flamethrowers, the rate of fire and damage are the same as I understand/know. But when I burn trees with a personal weapon, it takes time. (slowly burning). but the tank is quickly destroyed by the flamethrower. Actually, this makes me think the statistic on the wiki is correct, but the feature display in the game and the wiki are incompatible. As a result, my experience confirms the wiki. Do you have any explanation?

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=105093
Beacon domain & Cable access area coloring (Color Tone variations)

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Vehicle flamethrower.

Post by eradicator »

If I had to guess I'd say the game has 60UPS, so to get 67.5/s of anything you'd have to do that thing twice every 8 ticks. Other parts of the engine usually don't support doing "the same thing twice per tick" (i.e. assembline machines), so maybe the wiki value is just theoretical.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

In this case, how can we explain that the vehicle flamethrower burns the trees much more easily? Is it just a visual difference? Makes me think the tank fire gun is faster? Frankly, I did not fully understand your comment. Is there an error after all, or what is the reason?

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Flamethrower ammo has a consumption_modifier of 1.125 when used on a vehicle, so I assume wikis shooting speed is 60*consumption_modifier/cooldown.

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

Loewchen wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:49 pm
Flamethrower ammo has a consumption_modifier of 1.125 when used on a vehicle, so I assume wikis shooting speed is 60*consumption_modifier/cooldown.
Yes, that's a logical explanation. Thanks. But still, in this case there is again a "bug" in the wiki. Because ammo is ''standard/fixed'' = 30/s

see

https://wiki.factorio.com/Flamethrower_ammo

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

oyunbagimlisi wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:07 pm
Frankly, I did not fully understand your comment. Is there an error after all, or what is the reason?
If my speculations are correct then yes and no. I'll rephrase my speculation: The games has 60 updates per second (UPS) and thus no single thing can happen more often than 60 times per second. So 60/s in-game is the true number that actually happens. The wiki probably lists the raw result of the speed calculation without considering the 60 UPS limit of the game, which isn't "wrong", it can just never happen. It's a clash between two technical aspects of the game interacting.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

oyunbagimlisi
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by oyunbagimlisi »

eradicator wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:06 pm
oyunbagimlisi wrote:
Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:07 pm
Frankly, I did not fully understand your comment. Is there an error after all, or what is the reason?
If my speculations are correct then yes and no. I'll rephrase my speculation: The games has 60 updates per second (UPS) and thus no single thing can happen more often than 60 times per second. So 60/s in-game is the true number that actually happens. The wiki probably lists the raw result of the speed calculation without considering the 60 UPS limit of the game, which isn't "wrong", it can just never happen. It's a clash between two technical aspects of the game interacting.
thank you. In this case, the tank flamethrower is more powerful in "practice" AND(+) theory than the personal version. Because the tank flamethrower burns the trees directly, whereas the personal flamethrower burns it (slowly) over time.

Return to “Wiki Talk”