Missing in game

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Frankenstejn
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Missing in game

Post by Frankenstejn »

1) More/Better variant of wall. Don't understand why exist only "stone" when research concrete?

2) Artillery uranium shell
It could be cool add it to game when can shoot everything uranium except artillery shell

3) Explosive to expand water territory.
Sometimes when makes mistake witc tool "landfill" can be any revese system helpful.

Thanks for reading
Frankenstejn

astroshak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Missing in game

Post by astroshak »

Can’t speak to the first two, but not being able to “place” water is deliberate. Biters cannot swim, so the ability to place water all around your base would give you an unbreakable “wall” and that would be overpowered.

dimm
Inserter
Inserter

Post by dimm »

If you think that something is missing in the game - use mods

1) Reinforced Walls https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Reinforced-Walls

2) Uranium Artillery Shells https://mods.factorio.com/mod/UraniumArtilleryShells

3) Waterfill https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Waterfill_v17

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Moved to Ideas and Suggestion.

The 3, you can forget it in vanilla, the devs don't want to give means to create a defensive moat that would void the biters' ability to attack the factory.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Frankenstejn wrote:
Wed Aug 25, 2021 1:32 pm
1) More/Better variant of wall. Don't understand why exist only "stone" when research concrete?
Because you can just add more walls instead.
And there are mods. Very unlikely to be implemented.
Sometimes when makes mistake witc tool "landfill" can be any revese system helpful.
As Koub/astroshak said, and for reversing/un-doing there is CTRL/Command-Z.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SoShootMe »

ssilk wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 4:42 am
As Koub/astroshak said, and for reversing/un-doing there is CTRL/Command-Z.
In vanilla, you can't "undo" (mark for deconstruction) landfill, or remove it by hand.

These capabilities would allow creating a landfill peninsula then cutting it off to make an island. I'm not sure if that means the "overpowered" argument still applies, but there is https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Landfill_plus.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

SoShootMe wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:39 am
These capabilities would allow creating a landfill peninsula then cutting it off to make an island. I'm not sure if that means the "overpowered" argument still applies
It does. Defending an artificially constructed peninsula is trivial.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SoShootMe »

Koub wrote:
Thu Aug 26, 2021 7:36 am
SoShootMe wrote:
These capabilities would allow creating a landfill peninsula then cutting it off to make an island. I'm not sure if that means the "overpowered" argument still applies
It does. Defending an artificially constructed peninsula is trivial.
Creating a landfill peninsula is possible in vanilla. For some reason I didn't think before, but it is also possible to create a landfill island in vanilla.

It seems clear that the ability to create water where there never was any is overpowered as it lets you create arbitrary islands, but what change in balance is there if you are able to remove land tiles you placed, but not other land tiles?

netmand
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by netmand »

I'm not sure how making water or making a moat would manifest from a recipe; but if it could be creatively implemented I'm for it. Surrounding a factory, outpost or what have you may seem overpowered but really it is just the same as setting biters to peaceful as far as I'm concerned. Being able to reverse landfill would be great.

I've thought that it would be cool to add different types of artillery shells as well. But that thought usually winds up moving to want to have another type of long-range weapon like missile silo. I mean really; hand delivering (aka rocket launcher) atomic bombs seems so very unnatural.

Adding different types of walls must come with a consequence, such as re-scaling biter strength and adding biters that could take stronger walls down easier. In other words, if you are going to add uranium walls there should be biters that can kill you in one bite. right?

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by mrvn »

A while back landfill changed to place those brown tiles instead of grass. So why not have waterfill that can only be placed on landfill? It would allow undoing mistakes with landfill but not allow building a mote around your base.

(Yes, it would allow you to build a island in a lake with a temporary land bridge and the remove the landbridge. But you can just leave a water channel, place a car on the other side and enter/leave it to jump over the water. Or just build up the island with bots and never set food on it. So I think that special case can be ignored.)

SoShootMe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SoShootMe »

mrvn wrote:
Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:39 pm
A while back landfill changed to place those brown tiles instead of grass. So why not have waterfill that can only be placed on landfill? It would allow undoing mistakes with landfill but not allow building a mote around your base.
I wrote:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Landfill_plus
:)

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”