[boskid][1.1.38] Regression from 1.1.37 - unable to have more than 50 modules in a recipe

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Kingdud
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[boskid][1.1.38] Regression from 1.1.37 - unable to have more than 50 modules in a recipe

Post by Kingdud »

This behavior occurs in a modded game, but can be reproduced in a minimally modded game (no mods save one specifically designed to show this behavior). The MiningUPSGrade mod (available via mod portal) can demonstrate this behavior easily enough. Lay down an assembler, select the MiningUPSGrade recipe, try to insert 51 speed 3 or prod 3 modules into the slot in the assembler and it will fail; blocking you at 50.

This does not seem to occur with anything other than modules (at least, I haven't noticed it happening with anything else). In 1.1.37 this does not happen, and I reverted my game to 1.1.37 to confirm that.

Note: When loading in 1.38, there will be 100 modules in the assembler. Take them out and try to re-insert them, you'll find you are unable. Reload the save file and grab 50 more modules from the infinity chest in your inventory, and you'll find you won't be able to increase either prod or speed module stack to 150, but in 1.37 you can, easily.
Attachments
1.1.38_bug_report.zip
Simple map file to show problem.
(1.42 MiB) Downloaded 366 times
factorio-current_1.38.log
Log from 1.38 showing issue.
(5.78 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
factorio-current_1.37.log
Log from 1.37 not showing issue.
(5.79 KiB) Downloaded 362 times

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.38] Regression from 1.1.37 - unable to have more than 50 modules in a recipe

Post by boskid »

There is a lot of misleading details here. What you are describing is not about the module when trying to put them into the module slots, but instead its about just any item that in the ingredient inventory does not insert above the stack size even when recipe has ingredient requirement larger of more than a single stack. In that case it is related to 99087

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [boskid][1.1.38] Regression from 1.1.37 - unable to have more than 50 modules in a recipe

Post by boskid »

Thanks for the report. Issue is now fixed for 1.1.39

Kingdud
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [1.1.38] Regression from 1.1.37 - unable to have more than 50 modules in a recipe

Post by Kingdud »

boskid wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:36 am
There is a lot of misleading details here. What you are describing is not about the module when trying to put them into the module slots, but instead its about just any item that in the ingredient inventory does not insert above the stack size even when recipe has ingredient requirement larger of more than a single stack. In that case it is related to 99087
If I gave the impression it was about module slots, then that is a failure of communication as that was never my intention. I did not know anything *other* than modules could not be in the recipe slots in > 1 stack because, for the MiningUPSGrade recipie, express belts, beacons, and electric mining drills all allow more than 1 stack. In the other modded recipes I had all allowed > 1 stack of their recipe items, so long as that item wasn't a module-type. Buffer chests, becaons, substations, etc. So...sorry to mislead you, I just didn't have the data to know otherwise. Either way, thanks for the fix!

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”