Point-and-click shooting

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Laie
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Point-and-click shooting

Post by Laie »

I would like to somehow arm or equip the current weapon in such a way that it's hooked up to the mouse pointer, and can be aimed and fired by point-and-click.

My problem: Somehow muscle memory is bad enough that I cannot alternate between C and WASD without accidents. Using different hotkeys doesn't help.

I have tried adjusting the controls so that I would fire the currently equipped weapon at a click. Works wonderfully, except if I forget to unset it after combat... I have on occasion blown up my factory. So what I'd like to have would be a mechanism that a) can be toggled easier than going through settings->controls and that b) gives me a visual indication if I'm currently in point-and-shoot mode, perhaps by replacing the mouse pointer with crosshairs.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Point-and-click shooting

Post by Koub »

I use spacebar. I find it easy, and space doesn't feel unnatural for such a use.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Laie
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Point-and-click shooting

Post by Laie »

Good idea, I tried -- but even when using the spacebar, I find myself holding still for a moment that already turns out to be too long. I just had a few near-death experiences where the shields went down and the spidertron took considerable damage.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”