Resources on removed belt block a new belt

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Volrak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Resources on removed belt block a new belt

Post by Volrak »

The problem is as shown:

1. I had a belt going horizontally where all the coal is piled on the ground, then I removed it and re-built it further south
2. I extended the vertical belt carrying iron ore across where the coal is piled up. The iron ore becomes blocked by the coal!

A workaround is to save the game, exit, and re-load. As soon as the game re-loads, the coal is flushed down by the belt and the ore flows properly.

I couldn't find exactly the same problem reported on the forums, but https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=7&t=143 is possibly related.

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Resources on removed belt block a new belt

Post by wrtlprnft »

Can't you just walk over the coal pressing the F key to pick it up (F picks up resources lying on the ground)?

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

In general it is a standard practice to "clean" the items from the belt after changing the belt structure.

However the game should be deterministic. The fact that the flow continues after the save is strange.

Volrak
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Volrak »

You're right, cleaning up the coal is an easy solution - so I guess the bug is pretty low priority.

Though, newbs like I was at the time of posting are still likely to run into it! :P

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

This has been resolved around 0.3 release, it was side effect bug in the optimisation of moving items on belt and their blocking.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”