Ability to disable stationary roboports

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

me1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Ability to disable stationary roboports

Post by me1 »

TL;DR
switching on and off the roboports.
What ?
It would work pretty much like switching on and off the inserters with the circuit connection and like personal roboport switching.
Basically, the robots are coming to their roborports and don't leave them when the signal is on.

So I thought about two buttons inside of roboport's circuit connection, one for switching only one roborport and another for switching the whole logistic network connected to that roboport.
My little example ;p
lots of.png
lots of.png (191.58 KiB) Viewed 1688 times
I would do a similar thing for the logistic networks UI (which shows up after pressing ctrl + l), where we would switch specified logistic networks and also every logistic network on the map.
Another remarkable example:
lol.png
lol.png (40.09 KiB) Viewed 1688 times

Why ?
I love ghost building and planning, but this whole feature is a bit useless when the robots are placing everything immediately. I know it's not the best way to achieve my goal, but I also think it wouldn't make the game more confusing at all because my idea uses only already existing mechanics. I believe it would be especially useful in multiplayer, so it's nice to have this ability without any mods. In my opinion, it would make ghost building a lot better mechanic, and also any spaghetti fan or new player shouldn't feel confused about it.

sorry if there was a similar topic :mrgreen:
I couldn't really find one.

netmand
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Ability to disable stationary roboports

Post by netmand »

What's a, "spaghetti fan"?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

netmand wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 2:40 pm
What's a, "spaghetti fan"?
Someone who loves this kind of things. Hardcore belt lover
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

An alternative method to do this is, that there is a “planning mode”. A planning mode is like placing ghosts, but the robots don’t build it, you actively need to change the state of that from planning to ghost.

See
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=4682 Planning (Signs, Cloning, Ghosts, Blueprinting and more...)
And there point number 4 and some of the posts in the links below ( viewtopic.php?p=35582#p35582 ).
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

me1
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by me1 »

ssilk wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:24 am
An alternative method to do this is, that there is a “planning mode”. A planning mode is like placing ghosts, but the robots don’t build it, you actively need to change the state of that from planning to ghost.

See
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=4682 Planning (Signs, Cloning, Ghosts, Blueprinting and more...)
And there point number 4 and some of the posts in the links below ( viewtopic.php?p=35582#p35582 ).
I saw this list and a "planning mode" would be a great solution. The problem is that I don't know if this feature is added or it will be added. I wrote about my idea thinking about a simpler alternative to for example "planning mode".

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I admit, your idea would be easier to implement, it should be possible to implement it as mod.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”