GUI Crash with rocket silo

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
cool_balrog
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

GUI Crash with rocket silo

Post by cool_balrog »

My oldest game save still has the rocket silo GUI button at the top left of the screen. Interacting with it causes the game to crash to main menu. Launching a rocket also causes the crash.

The save is still playable as long as you don't interact with the top left GUI or launch the rocket. Destroying the rocket does not remove the GUI. The GUI when clicking on the rocket silo itself does not cause an issue.

A long time ago I converted this save into a scenario. It isn't possible to load my save in the editor since the crash happens on loading.

I'm currently using a 64-bit OS, 16 GB of ram at max settings and I don't beleive I've ever had another technical issue with Factorio. I am not using any mods.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!
Attachments
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (56.65 KiB) Viewed 1341 times
factorio-current.log
(6.5 KiB) Downloaded 52 times
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (22.75 KiB) Viewed 1341 times

cool_balrog
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: GUI Crash with rocket silo

Post by cool_balrog »

Thanks for your help! My file had 64 level.dat files (level.dat63 etc). I deleted all but the most recent and renamed it level.dat (since they were numbered 0-63 with none just "level.dat"). I get the following error. Any advice?
Attachments
error.PNG
error.PNG (5.88 KiB) Viewed 1282 times

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

Looks like the save is corrupted, post it here and someone might be able to fix it.

Silari
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Silari »

cool_balrog wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:53 pm
Thanks for your help! My file had 64 level.dat files (level.dat63 etc). I deleted all but the most recent and renamed it level.dat (since they were numbered 0-63 with none just "level.dat"). I get the following error. Any advice?
You're not supposed to delete ANY of the level.dat* files - those are what hold your map data. You're supposed to leave all those and script.dat, and delete the rest.

cool_balrog
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by cool_balrog »

Thanks for trying. The fix does not work when I leave the level.dat files in.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

cool_balrog wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:07 pm
Thanks for trying. The fix does not work when I leave the level.dat files in.
Can you provide the same game?

Return to “Technical Help”