[kovarex] [1.1.35] Crash when benchmarking without prototype history and deleted `base`

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
jan1i3
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.35] Crash when benchmarking without prototype history and deleted `base`

Post by jan1i3 »

Note
First of all i'm just reporting this to explain how it happened so you aren't confused by the auto uploaded crash report. I personally don't consider it fix-worthy. The ultimate reason it happened was because i had to create my own `base` mod in order to create a new save using `--create foo` and then load-save that without `base` enabled to have a clean empty save without `base`.
But here is a proper report anyway:
What
When running the game using

Code: Select all

C:\Portable\Factorio\Modding\bin\x64\factorio.exe --benchmark save.zip --benchmark-ticks 1 --config config.ini --mod-directory "E:\Automation\CreateScenarioFromScratch\ReproductionData\Mods" --disable-prototype-history
where the given config file defines a read data path which does not contain the `base` folder (but does have `core`) the game crashes.

It does not crash if `--disable-prototype-history` is not defined or `base` is present in the read data directory (as it should be).

I can't really tell what the error message is, except maybe this:
0.019 Error CrashHandler.cpp:633: Received SIGSEGV
Reproduce
Download ReproductionData.zip
Unpack it
Replace all absolute paths with the correct ones for you, which are:
  • factorio executable path in `run-once.bat`
  • All occurrences of `E:\Automation\CreateScenarioFromScratch\ReproductionData` (which are in `run-once.bat` and `config.ini`)
Open `ReadData` and copy the `core` folder from your 1.1.35 install into that directory
Execute `run-once.bat`

The attatched zip also contains the crash dump in the write data folder and a previous log which was successful because i also had `base` in the read data path for that one.
License Note
The zip also contains a copy of the minimal-no-base-mod which is licensed under MIT.
And the reason i didn't include `core` in the zip is becuase i'm quite sure that would be a factorio license violation.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(5.71 KiB) Downloaded 163 times
ReproductionData.zip
(123.32 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
Also known as JanSharp. jan1i3 was/is my old name ;)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.35] Crash when benchmarking without prototype history and deleted `base`

Post by kovarex »

Thanks for the report, it is now fixed for the next release.

jan1i3
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.35] Crash when benchmarking without prototype history and deleted `base`

Post by jan1i3 »

Nice! Really wasn't expecting a fix so this is a happy surprise
Also known as JanSharp. jan1i3 was/is my old name ;)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”