Multiple versions...

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Multiple versions...

Post by GlassDeviant »

I have a new steam Factorio game, but I need to access some old 0.17 files, so I've grabbed the last version of 0.17 and installed it, but this has left me one problem:

I have completely forgotten how to configure parallel installs so that the mod and save folders are completely separate.

Can someone point me at a tutorial for doing this? I can't seem to find anything this morning, although notably there is currently too much blood in my caffeine stream so maybe I'll have more success later today after I've rectified the problem.
- GD

Sorry if my posts are becoming difficult to read, my typing ability is rapidly deteriorating due to a nerve disorder. I try to clean them up before posting but don't always get every last typo.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Multiple versions...

Post by eradicator »

Go to the official homepage and download the zip version. Extract each version to a seperate folder and you're golden.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GlassDeviant »

I did that. But the version 0.17 install I downloaded is using the same mods and saves folders as the steam version*. All the mods are red because they're the wrong versions, but they're present. I need completely separate mods folders (saves would be nice too but are not necessary), which I had before with I think version 0.15 and 0.16, but I can't remember how I managed to configure one of them to use separate folders.

*It even corrupted my steam version's configuration file, which is a minor problem but still irritating.
- GD

Sorry if my posts are becoming difficult to read, my typing ability is rapidly deteriorating due to a nerve disorder. I try to clean them up before posting but don't always get every last typo.

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Loewchen »

That makes no sense, the .zip install does not use any other directories.

GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GlassDeviant »

My bad, I did not read it carefully enough.

Thanks.
- GD

Return to “Technical Help”