Loading Error: The sprite names appear over the sprites [1.1.34 experimental]

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
gameking459
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Loading Error: The sprite names appear over the sprites [1.1.34 experimental]

Post by gameking459 »

When I start the game up I try to start a new world/game on Default settings, I change nothing so I can give the most accurate results. every time (ive tried multiple times) i start a new game as it loads up the cutscene i see the names of the sprites only for the decorations, going across the screen. this makes the game unplayable. the text unloads as i zoom out but i need to zoom so far out the character takes up less than 40 pixles on-screen. my screen is a BENQ GL2460 that uses senseye3 and led lighting. on the picture the text takes up the whole screen and i cant even see my character i have no mods downloaded and i am on the default settings.
Attachments
This one is the most recenrt picture i have of it i made sure that all of my settings were default for this.
This one is the most recenrt picture i have of it i made sure that all of my settings were default for this.
help my factorio is bad and i need to fix it 2.PNG (4.24 MiB) Viewed 1208 times
I named it this cause i didnt know what else to name it
I named it this cause i didnt know what else to name it
help my factorio is bad and i need to fix it.PNG (3.64 MiB) Viewed 1210 times

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Loading Error: The sprite names appear over the sprites [1.1.34 experimental]

Post by eradicator »

Press F5.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Loading Error: The sprite names appear over the sprites [1.1.34 experimental]

Post by boskid »

This is a debug layer turned on. Press F4 to open "Debug settings", find "show-decorative-names" on the list and turn it off. If you do not want to use debug settings, you should disable everything in the debug settings, including the "always" tab (those layers are always visible) and the "debug" tab (those layers can be toggled on-off with F5 key when enabled only here)

gameking459
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by gameking459 »

boskid wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:57 am
This is a debug layer turned on. Press F4 to open "Debug settings", find "show-decorative-names" on the list and turn it off. If you do not want to use debug settings, you should disable everything in the debug settings, including the "always" tab (those layers are always visible) and the "debug" tab (those layers can be toggled on-off with F5 key when enabled only here)
thank you that worked

Return to “Technical Help”