[1.1.33] Updating mods with no space available caused a few failures (hung, loss of achievements, mod-enablement)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
doktorstick
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[1.1.33] Updating mods with no space available caused a few failures (hung, loss of achievements, mod-enablement)

Post by doktorstick »

Howdy. Unfortunately, there aren't logs available for the first two attempts.

1. Attempt #1 to update mods. Factorio hard-hung after 1 of 3 had completed (according to the bar). It had to be killed. Reason it hung was unknown at the time (I didn't know the drive was out of space).

2. Attempt #2 to update mods. Factorio presented a Windows dialog complete with a DING! sound "behind" the Factorio window that indicated the drive was out of space. It is possible that this window was present in the above attempt and I did not notice it, which gave the impression that Factorio hard-hung. I didn't hear the DING in attempt #1, but it doesn't mean it didn't sound.

3. Attempt #3 to update mods. After removing a few hundred gigs of stale programs, Factorio took a different code path, reporting a corrupted achievements file. Was this because of the free space allowed the error, or was it because killing Factorio didn't corrupt the file (Attempt #1) but shutting down "normally" (where "normally" is defined as clicking the button in the Windows dialog and Factorio immediately closing) when out-of-space did corrupt it (Attempt #2)? Updating mods were successful, and launching Factorio post-update had no errors. Here's a snippet from the factorio-previous.log related to the achievements file:

Code: Select all

20.325 Loading sounds...
  20.488 Info PlayerData.cpp:71: Local player-data.json available, timestamp 1620997425
  20.488 Info PlayerData.cpp:78: Cloud player-data.json unavailable
  20.489 Error PlayerData.cpp:269: Failed to load achievement data: Couldn't read from input file. File could be corrupted.
  20.933 Crop bitmaps.
  20.933 Atlases were not loaded from disk cache.
  20.992 Parallel Sprite Loader initialized (threads: 11)
  21.063 Initial atlas bitmap size is 16384
Addition to the "corrupted" achievements file, all mods are enabled now (only a subset were before). The mod settings appear unaffected as does the Factorio settings.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.33] Updating mods with no space available caused a few failures (hung, loss of achievements, mod-enablement)

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. These should all be fixed for the next release.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”