New Building v2

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Simon6
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

New Building v2

Post by Simon6 »

TL;DR
I want an electric mining drill that mines the place-able version of the ores that it mines.

What ?
Place-able versions are not a substitute for the normal versions of the ore. When it mines uranium it shouldn't consume sulfuric acid. Since the place-able version is not a substitute for the normal version of the ore, it is has to be placed and then mined by a normal electric mining drill which would consume sulfuric acid anyway. I'd also like a pump jack that works the same way, but with a special machine that builds the oil patches.
Why ?
When you add the productivity bars together you will get more than one full bar.

Nidan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: New Building v2

Post by Nidan »

This would make all ores effectively infinite due to mining productivity producing extras each mine-place loop.

If you want infinite ores without moving miners around, just mod in recipes like 1 iron-ore -> 1 iron-ore or use one of the infinite ore mods that makes ore patches behave like oil.
Or try seablock if you really don't want to move miners around.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Nidan wrote:
Wed May 12, 2021 7:38 pm
just mod in recipes like 1 iron-ore -> 1 iron-ore
oh i love it. the tech description would be something like "We stared at iron ore for a long time, and then we had two pieces!"

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

It won’t come to vanilla, because it can be modded (and there are already similar mods). That’s also the reason why mining productivity exists.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”