FoMa
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Next big reliase approximate date?

Post by FoMa »

Quote from another topic:
pyanodon wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:04 pm
all to be balanced in the next big release that will break everything.
Time is relative, but how soon? I cant decide play current save (~100h played) or wait for update...

mathiaszealot
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Next big reliase approximate date?

Post by mathiaszealot »

Given the extent of changes being worked on, several months from now at the earliest. No release scheduled; Graphics still being developed. Will still need coding and some balance/bug testing

smick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by smick »

You folks have a target sustained science rate that is feasible? At the moment, I was seeing if 1k/min was doable but space is absolutely nightmarish compared to the others.

AndrewSkier
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AndrewSkier »

With full py alien life, I'm just trying to do 1/sec (60 per min). For 1k/min, that's almost 17 per seconds, you'd need massive infrastructure for that or have everythiing upgraded to mk4 with mk4 modules.

smick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by smick »

I was looking at that. The Mk 4 buildings and Mk 4 modules make it possible for everything up to Utility. At Utility and especially Space the numbers get ridiculous and that's a bit of a shame because there's no point in using the later techs such as fusion, Mk buildings, or Mk 4 modules if the goal is to strictly make a trickle of space science and call it a day.

I launched a satellite and got some space in the prior patch. This new patch has made it so I can't launch a rocket for space but I was going to make the infrastructure to go really large if it were possible. But number crunching and test set ups in creative mode have discouraged that at the moment.

That's why I was asking about intended goals. The greediness of certain recipes and the discrepancy between the sciences while providing the powerful MK 4 buildings seems contrary.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

smick wrote: ↑
Mon May 10, 2021 11:56 pm
I launched a satellite and got some space in the prior patch. This new patch has made it so I can't launch a rocket for space but I was going to make the infrastructure to go really large if it were possible. But number crunching and test set ups in creative mode have discouraged that at the moment.

That's why I was asking about intended goals. The greediness of certain recipes and the discrepancy between the sciences while providing the powerful MK 4 buildings seems contrary.
clusterio, perhaps?

AndrewSkier
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AndrewSkier »

What do you do to get hydrogen chloride? That is my biggest struggle in later game. I seem to need so much of it and easiest way is only as by product of anything that needs lots of sold (sulfates or sodium hydroxide).
Chlorine seems so expensive from alien creatures (blood or guts).
I'm at utility science and already used 82M salt and produced 200M hydrogen chloride.
Sulfur use seems ridiculous too for all the sulfuric acid needs, but at least you get a lot of it as by product of hot air production.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

AndrewSkier wrote: ↑
Tue May 11, 2021 2:14 pm
What do you do to get hydrogen chloride? That is my biggest struggle in later game. I seem to need so much of it and easiest way is only as by product of anything that needs lots of sold (sulfates or sodium hydroxide).
Chlorine seems so expensive from alien creatures (blood or guts).
I'm at utility science and already used 82M salt and produced 200M hydrogen chloride.
Sulfur use seems ridiculous too for all the sulfuric acid needs, but at least you get a lot of it as by product of hot air production.
I'm getting some part of hydrogen chloride from phospine gas (i'm playing with all py mods)
Sulfur can be produceed from oven gas processing in big amounts or from cadaveric arums
Some part of sulfur can be produced from acid gas, acid gas can be produced from getting refined syngas with methanol
Refined synga can be be used in many ways - for aromatics? for olefins, for light oil and another goals

Sometimes my main headache is surplus of ammonia but in mid and late game it needs for optical fiber, ammonia can be used to get plastics from melamine too
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

smick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by smick »

Mostly salt, then guts and blood. A tiny bit from an ancient process when tar could be created from stone. So far used 191 M salt and produced 246M HCl.

mathiaszealot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by mathiaszealot »

Mon May 10, 2021 4:59 pm
You folks have a target sustained science rate that is feasible? At the moment, I was seeing if 1k/min was doable but space is absolutely nightmarish compared to the others.
One of the lead contributors(?) to the pysuite is working on a 300 spm build with all tech unlocked and building in creative mode. It's huge and it's been over a month in progress.

I've been targeting 22/min in my current build and that's still burning through tech faster than I can implement it. I'm almost out of red/green tech to research and I'm still setting up farms for materials to feed the next couple of sciences. You really can just get it running and that will be fast enough; there's always something to work on implementing or improving.

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

mathiaszealot wrote: ↑
Tue May 11, 2021 10:07 pm
One of the lead contributors(?) to the pysuite is working on a 300 spm build with all tech unlocked and building in creative mode. It's huge and it's been over a month in progress.

I've been targeting 22/min in my current build and that's still burning through tech faster than I can implement it. I'm almost out of red/green tech to research and I'm still setting up farms for materials to feed the next couple of sciences. You really can just get it running and that will be fast enough; there's always something to work on implementing or improving.
i have been working on it since december or when pyAL came , and huge is a understatement

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Tue May 11, 2021 4:59 pm
Mostly salt, then guts and blood. A tiny bit from an ancient process when tar could be created from stone. So far used 191 M salt and produced 246M HCl.
yea salt is the way to go atm
the most salt efficient way is through the Na2SO4 process , a 2 step process that needs salt and H2SO4 , this is the most HCl u can get per unit salt.

BTW keep in mind that saline water hydrolisis also produces NaOH so u can take that as a bonus since u dont need to spend salt on that too.

AS a side note:

do u know the lime loop that is often used to convert salt in NaOH ( Solvay process ) ?

well aparently the ``lime`` in there is CaCl2 and IRL such a loop would produce some Cl2 / HCl

2 NaCl +Ca(OH)2 =>2 NaOH + CaCl2
Molten calcium chloride can be electrolysed to give calcium metal and chlorine gas:

CaCl2 => Ca + Cl2

and after we get metalic Ca we can oxidize it to get CaO
then :
CaO +2 H2O => Ca(OH)2 and the loop is complete

there might be a more direct way to turn CaCl2 into CaO but that would need some reaching,

well apparently if you dump the CaCl2 in water you get

CaCl2 +H2O => Ca + Cl2 +H2O and yes this is more like a degradation reaction the real reaction happens now ( Ca is reactive since it is colomn 2)

Ca +H2O => Ca(OH)2 + H2 and we get our Ca(OH)2 back so the loop is complete and at the and we have turned 2 NaCl in 2 NaOH and Cl2

pyanodon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by pyanodon »

Soonβ„’
pY Coal processing mod
Discord: Pyanodon #5791

smick
Inserter
Inserter

Post by smick »

immortal_sniper1 wrote: ↑
Wed May 12, 2021 4:48 am

i have been working on it since december or when pyAL came , and huge is a understatement
No doubt. Like I mentioned above with the beaconed, moduled, MK 04 I was hopeful. Until I saw the antelope requirement lol. We're talking thousands and thousands of buildings just for antelopes and the containers unless I'm missing something. With the logistic stations, high speed trains, and powerful buildings there are so many good tools but I don't see how you produce antelopes in the quantity necessary outside of creative mode or some form of infinite resource nodes.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Wed May 12, 2021 3:00 pm
No doubt. Like I mentioned above with the beaconed, moduled, MK 04 I was hopeful. Until I saw the antelope requirement lol. We're talking thousands and thousands of buildings just for antelopes and the containers unless I'm missing something. With the logistic stations, high speed trains, and powerful buildings there are so many good tools but I don't see how you produce antelopes in the quantity necessary outside of creative mode or some form of infinite resource nodes.
seems to be that sustainable science output isn't the goal of PyMods. it's just to have an enormous factory with things to do forever -- well, until your UPS tanks.

AndrewSkier
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AndrewSkier »

Wed May 12, 2021 5:18 am
Tue May 11, 2021 4:59 pm
yea salt is the way to go atm
the most salt efficient way is through the Na2SO4 process , a 2 step process that needs salt and H2SO4 , this is the most HCl u can get per unit salt.

BTW keep in mind that saline water hydrolisis also produces NaOH so u can take that as a bonus since u dont need to spend salt on that too.

AS a side note:

do u know the lime loop that is often used to convert salt in NaOH ( Solvay process ) ?

well aparently the ``lime`` in there is CaCl2 and IRL such a loop would produce some Cl2 / HCl

2 NaCl +Ca(OH)2 =>2 NaOH + CaCl2
Molten calcium chloride can be electrolysed to give calcium metal and chlorine gas:

CaCl2 => Ca + Cl2

and after we get metalic Ca we can oxidize it to get CaO
then :
CaO +2 H2O => Ca(OH)2 and the loop is complete

there might be a more direct way to turn CaCl2 into CaO but that would need some reaching,

well apparently if you dump the CaCl2 in water you get

CaCl2 +H2O => Ca + Cl2 +H2O and yes this is more like a degradation reaction the real reaction happens now ( Ca is reactive since it is colomn 2)

Ca +H2O => Ca(OH)2 + H2 and we get our Ca(OH)2 back so the loop is complete and at the and we have turned 2 NaCl in 2 NaOH and Cl2
I guess I need to get my chemistry degree to figure this out :-)

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Wed May 12, 2021 4:48 am

yea
antilopes are sorta very poorly balanced atm but with a TURD tech i managed to bring the pen count in the 3 digit range
and yes the cages for them eat diamonds like nothing

i posted some png on the official discord if u want to see the scale
spoiler i have like 3-4GW drain just from beacons

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

ptx0 wrote: ↑
Wed May 12, 2021 3:22 pm
seems to be that sustainable science output isn't the goal of PyMods. it's just to have an enormous factory with things to do forever -- well, until your UPS tanks.
well sustained sicience is not the goal in vanilla too but it is a way harder goal then finishing the game form the ground up since when u build from the ground u u have the optin of leting the game run over night and then u have a few new tech and a lot of building materials

sh901
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by sh901 »

:D :D :D Please forgive me for using the translation software
That is great! Looking forward to new content! I hope one day I can say to the people who just climbed out of the planet: This is just the beginning!.

PS: and I don't think we can make black holes on the planet. No matter what the reason is, it's a very dangerous thing, and it needs a huge amount of energy input. As a race or alien survivor, survival and expanding survival probability are the first.

PPS: let's say we can use micro black holes. Fixed its energy from the black hole itself, no material supply will lead to extinction. Energy conservation. Today's machines give too little energy. It's the matter that resists black holes that matters. Maybe in terms of gravity?

Mella
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mella »

pyanodon wrote: ↑
Wed May 12, 2021 10:42 am
Soonβ„’
Respectable pyanodon, how long to wait???

Return to β€œPyMods”