Space Exploration Nauvis Mall

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

PietersieliePC
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Space Exploration Nauvis Mall

Post by PietersieliePC »

I'm currently about 30 hours into my first Space Exploration playthrough. Having spent an inordinate amount of time scaling up infrastructure in preparation for going to space for the first time, I looked around to see if there is a mall available to save time (since I do not have the time I've been devoting to cracktorio) and came up short. So, what better way to save time than to spend a day designing a proper mall? :D Everything you could need before heading off into space, and much of it for a while afterwards as well. No rocket science needed, and most of it can be done during or after chemical science.

I figured I'd share for others who might be short on time and as a more permanent record. It is split into three setups of roughly equal size.

First, belts, inserters, and logistic chests:Image

Part two, power, oil, and circuit network:Image

Lastly, assemblers, everything rail, core miners and large miners, and most importantly (and costly), rockets! Cargo launch and landing pads, delivery cannons, and satellite rocket silo: Image

The blueprint:
Changelog
Last edited by PietersieliePC on Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Evilness
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Space Exploration Nauvis Mall

Post by Evilness »

Looks good, but kinda small.
Are you sure everything is there? Personally I added some serious spaghetti to my regular mall and I have added an additional section for certain things such as space belt and pipe. They take 10 seconds each so I felt that one assembler will not be enough for that.

PietersieliePC
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PietersieliePC »

I've added a few more things since (signal transmission, industrial furnaces), will update the BP at some point. Didn't plan on adding any space stuff specifically, wanted to create another mall for it. As I say in the title, this is a mall meant for Nauvis only.

ZoeSutherland
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ZoeSutherland »

Very portable, but maybe you will expand it in the future? :D
Last edited by ZoeSutherland on Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PietersieliePC
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PietersieliePC »

Definitely. I need to get around to updating the errors made in the sleep deprivation (chests not filtered correctly, missing stone line in the rail setup), plus add the stuff I've added since (signals, industrial furnaces, etc.). I'll also add other malls (once I get around to building them) for space and such. But the pesky thing that is real life requires my attention, so at the moment I'm stuck having just launched my first rocket.

MEOWMI
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MEOWMI »

Looks pretty neat. Mine ended up being huge because I made almost everything from plates at-site and it didn't even have everything (and I later expanded it into specialized production for motors and so on).

PietersieliePC
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PietersieliePC »

I've updated the blueprint and images for version 2.0.
Changes:
- Changes made for the recipe changes in Space Exploration 0.5.37 (engines and motors).
- Fixed missing stone line for rail section.
- Fixed various wrong filters on storage chests.
- Added signal transmission, receiver, pulveriser, recycling machine, beacon, and industrial furnace to assemblers portion.
- Added lights, radar, and fuel refinery to oil and power portion.

db48x
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by db48x »

Thank you for these blueprints; I’ve found them quite handy. None of them build turrets though, so I tacked those on to the end of the first BP, although that’s not really very convenient:

Also, I don’t think any recipe uses both small engines and small electric engines, so it might be useful to put those on separate belts. On the other hand, there might be no other arrangement which is better overall; I haven’t spent much time thinking about it yet.

For anyone else starting with these blueprints, there is one spot to be careful with in the second one. The belt with stone and small electric motors requires the stone to be on the inside lane. It uses an underground belt to block that inside lane so that it can replace the stone with gears. You may want to find that spot ahead of time so that you can avoid having to fix it later.

PietersieliePC
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by PietersieliePC »

Glad that you found them useful! I eventually did the same with the normal gun turrets, though since I disabled biters on Nauvis soon after starting (got annoyed with having to build deathworld defences), they end up being needed up in space as components to some of the first tier space science machines. Haven't gone further than that to know where else it is needed.

The electric motors and single-cylinder engines are on the same belt mostly out of convenience: I need both in the mall, and they're next to each other on the bus, and nothing requires amounts to justify having a full belt for it. The side loading for the stone and gears is what I found the best way to get the electric motors and gears where they're needed, I tried a few other options but this worked elegantly. There is probably a more optimal distribution of assemblers that lessens the spaghetti between them, but this is good enough for me. :)

Nightc0re
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Nightc0re »

PietersieliePC wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:04 pm
I figured I'd share for others who might be short on time and as a more permanent record.
Thanks for your effort and the work you put in. Highly appreciated!

masterz2009
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by masterz2009 »

Hi. Just asking if theirs any updates since may? Have you expanded into interplanetary part of the game?

thuering
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by thuering »

Your 2.0 blueprint is still without engines @ the belt mall. Or i am doing something wrong?

RiscaYin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RiscaYin »

I hear people saying make it bigger, please think carefully about bigger I was using a hub from Krastorio 2 and it was massive like 500 squares long, so long it poked out the side of my base, it was built/designed with 22 sections in my version with just section needing to be first then you could build the rest in any order you liked. It worked but man it was big, however building it out 12 segments then turning the base around and building inward did work quite well.
But this idea of three segments looks good and if you need say three more when you get past robots then OK, let's add one, two, or as needed.
Now I will steal your work, and Thanks.

RiscaYin
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RiscaYin »

So I've used it now sort of, but I did notice something that does kind of detract from the mall, of course, I can set them all and just update my version. The thing is you do no box control on the feeds that draw from other storage boxes. So the red belts could consume every white belt in storage and hopefully the player doesn't care. Like if you making 100 or 500 white belts you might want to not take the last 50 or 100.

Return to “Show your Creations”