[1.1.33] Crash While Loading Save

Place for things which are bugs but we have no idea how to solve them. Things related to hardware, libraries, strange setups, etc.
Zeon0MS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[1.1.33] Crash While Loading Save

Post by Zeon0MS »

On first start of Factorio after 1.1.33 I tried to load a save that was first created when 1.1 was introduced and it crashed when the loading bar reached the end. I have been unable to load the game. New game creation is still possible, but loading the save from a new game resulted in a crash as well. Save folder for this game is currently at 37290KB (138hr+). Other older saves load, this save does not load however. No Mods are in use or have been used with the save game, it was default settings.
Attachments
1.1 Vanilla Game 1.zip
(36.42 MiB) Downloaded 141 times
factorio-current.log
(5.27 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

Lou
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.33] Crash While Loading Save

Post by Lou »

Hello! Thank you for the feedback.

First of all, enclosed is your fixed save.

Second - your enclosed .log file seems odd - are you sure it is log file corresponding with crash-on-load of your save? I got very different log.

Also, the loading the save resulted in crash in both 1.1.32 and 1.1.33, so it is probable it has nothing to do with version upgrade. Do you remeber what was happening between last succesfull save and the this one? (optimaly autosaves if you still have those)

EDIT: for further investigations my attempts at loading original file failed with "Active entities count doesn't match..."
Attachments
1.1 Vanilla Game 1-fixed.zip
(36.05 MiB) Downloaded 164 times

Zeon0MS
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.33] Crash While Loading Save

Post by Zeon0MS »

I don't believe there was anything that occurred between the save, and crashing to open. There are no autosaves after the save I uploaded. It was a few days ago, but I believe I saved the game and quit to desktop with nothing in between.

I realize now that I didn't try any of the autosaves. I just tried the most recent autosave and it crashed as well. The new attachment is the log file from the crash while trying to load the autosave file.

I also verified that the fixed version did load properly. Thank you very much!
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(7.65 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

Return to “1 / 0 magic”