New Building

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Simon6
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

New Building

Post by Simon6 »

TL;DR
I would like you to add an electric mining drill that is like the original but the ores it mines are the buildable versions of those ores.

What ?
I am interested in an electric mining drill that is like the original but the ores it mines are the buildable versions of those ores.
I also don't want the electric mining drills that mine uranium to consume sulfuric acid when mining.
I also would like a pumpjack that works the same way and you have to build the buildable oil with a special machine.

Why ?
If you care a lot about productivity you can mine all the ores in the ore patch and then build them on a normal electric mining drill with productivity modules. Otherwise, with normal electric mining drills with productivity modules, the productivity bars might add up to more than one full bar and by putting all the resources into just one electric mining drill all the productivity bars would be added up giving you more resources and taking much longer.
Last edited by Simon6 on Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: New Building

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

You can edit posts rather than reply to yourself multiple times. (Remember it is one suggestion per post. Please read the pinned messages.)
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

@Simon6: Please make one suggestion per thread. And add WHY you want to have it. You can use the suggestion template. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=47316
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Simon6
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Simon6 »

Thank you. I have rewritten my original post using the template. I tried to remove the replies that I made to my original post, but didn't see any way to do that. Please just refer to my new post that uses the template.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

General rule of a forum: you don’t rewrite posts. You can add something to make things more clear. Right way would be to write a new thread and request this for closing. :)

And it’s still two suggestions 8-) : a mining drill that doesn’t need sulfuric acid is completely different to this suggestion. But you can spare the effort to write that suggestion: it will never be implemented into vanilla, because that would make uranium production too simple. I’m not sure, but eventually there are mods, that already had implemented this.

And I’m not 100% sure what you mean with “buildable”. First I thought you mean that you can craft the iron ore to iron plates yourself? But what is buildable oil then? Because you cannot pick up fluids.

If you mean that “buildable” is crafting: this will not come per sure, because it is against the game principle to automate your factory.

Please refer to the wiki to use right names for items/entities etc. Ores are mined in the mining drills and then smelted in smelters. Further production is done in assemblies. Oil is pumped by pump jacks, then refined in refineries and further production is done in chemical plants.
If you care a lot about productivity you can mine all the ores in the ore patch
Do you mean mining by yourself/hand?
and then build them on a normal electric mining drill with productivity modules.
Do you eventually mean a smelter instead of mining drill?
Otherwise, with normal electric mining drills with productivity modules, the productivity bars might add up to more than one full bar and by putting all the resources into just one electric mining drill all the productivity bars would be added up giving you more resources and taking much longer.
That is not intended gameplay. It’s intended to build many mining drills/smelters to speed up production. If it has modules to make it more efficient: fine.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

After re-reading I will move it to not implement in the hope for a second try, simon6.

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”