IR2: Licence related question

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Pi-C
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

IR2: Licence related question

Post by Pi-C »

Hi! I want to make BioIndustries compatible with IR2. For example, if both mods are used, our "crushed stone" won't be created as it's just another version of your "gravel", or some techs won't be created if IR2 already provides similar ones (our recipes will then be unlocked by your techs).

I know that your licence is very restrictive, and that it's not permitted to use your assets for other than private use. Still, there's one minor case I want to ask about. BI provides an alternative recipe for making stone-bricks. There is a custom icon showing the stone brick with the ingredients on top. Trouble is, you changed the icon of the vanilla bricks, so the product of the BI recipe doesn't look like the icon at all, which may be confusing:
brick_recipes.png
brick_recipes.png (130.2 KiB) Viewed 711 times
Would it be against your licence to use your recipe icon as a layer (i.e. using the icon directly from your mod to bake the icon during the data stage, without including it in BI)? It certainly would look more consistent, but if it is against the spirit of your licence, of course I will leave our icon just as it is. :-)
A good mod deserves a good changelog. Here's a tutorial (WIP) about Factorio's way too strict changelog syntax!

Return to “Mods”