[1.1.32] Non-minable entities still emit "Cannot reach" when trying to mine them out of range

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[1.1.32] Non-minable entities still emit "Cannot reach" when trying to mine them out of range

Post by Xorimuth »

I'm running into this whilst making a mod and it is a bit strange and annoying. Even when the entity is not mineable (set through prototype or control), if you try to right click on it while at a distance it says "Cannot reach" even though it wouldn't do anything if you were close to it.

EDIT: I actually don't care about this anymore, my mod has gone in a different direction.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.32] Non-minable entities still emit "Cannot reach" when trying to mine them out of range

Post by Rseding91 »

Thanks for the report. This is something I've known about but we don't have a nice solution. The logic doesn't do all of the minability checks at the point where you start interacting with a thing and instead just says "well you can't reach it; skip all the sending of actions for now".
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Minor issues”