New FilteredContainer prototype

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

New FilteredContainer prototype

Post by Xorimuth »

I'd really like to be able to create a `type = container` prototype that allows filters, like character and vehicle inventories. An optional prototype property in https://wiki.factorio.com/Prototype/Container perhaps?

For performance reasons this would presumably have to be a separate prototype e.g. FilteredContainer (kinda like LinkedContainer!).

I'd like it for the docks in Spidertron Patrols which act as a proxy to a spidertron's inventory by scripting to sync the inventory. But a spidertron can have filters and the docks (which are of type Container) can't, which causes a mess if filters are used.

I know that quite a few things (e.g. cargo rockets in Space Exploration) could benefit from this.
Last edited by Xorimuth on Mon May 30, 2022 8:20 pm, edited 7 times in total.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Dominiquini
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Optional filter support for container prototypes

Post by Dominiquini »

+1

melandor0
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: New FilteredContainer prototype

Post by melandor0 »

+1 really want this please

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: New FilteredContainer prototype

Post by Rseding91 »

I've added support for containers to have the inventor-with-filters type for the next release:
Added support for container entities with filters by using inventory_type = "with_bar" or "with_filters_and_bar".
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Implemented mod requests”