Avoiding impossible drone flight paths

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

noclaf
Inserter
Inserter

Avoiding impossible drone flight paths

Post by noclaf »

Hi, my suggestion is to somehow improve pathfinding for the drones to avoid them being stuck at one location.

The root cause of my suggestion is something almost on edge of being an error - if you have a larger base you can easily run into issues with drones taking impossible flight paths and circling infinitely. E.g. - my base has an U shaped edge at one spot (no roboport coverage inside the U) and the drones were trying to directly fly between the ends. As the distance was too big, they turned around in 1/3 of the trip, returned for recharge, took the same path, turned around for recharge....

posila
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Avoiding impossible drone flight paths

Post by posila »

noclaf wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:28 pm
Hi, my suggestion is to somehow improve pathfinding for the drones to avoid them being stuck at one location.
There is no pathfinding for drones what-so-ever, so there is nothing to improve. Drones fly on a straight line to their destination. Pathfinding would increase performance impact of the drones significantly.

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”