"it is intended to be used with the full Bob's Mods set"

Some mods, made by Bob. Basically streaks every Factroio-area.

Moderator: bobingabout

Crapgame
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

"it is intended to be used with the full Bob's Mods set"

Post by Crapgame »

All of the individual components of Bob's mods suggest that they are "intended to be used with the full Bob's Mods set."

However, I can't find a download for the "set." (I have found the Bob's library.)

Am I supposed to simply download each individual part in order to make the "set" or is there a bundled download that I'm simply not seeing.

Thanks!

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: "it is intended to be used with the full Bob's Mods set"

Post by ptx0 »

Crapgame wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:41 pm
All of the individual components of Bob's mods suggest that they are "intended to be used with the full Bob's Mods set."

However, I can't find a download for the "set." (I have found the Bob's library.)

Am I supposed to simply download each individual part in order to make the "set" or is there a bundled download that I'm simply not seeing.

Thanks!
yeah there's no official bundle, just search Bobingabout

Crapgame
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Crapgame »

Thanks.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

Crapgame wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 2:41 pm
You actually have a few options.
Go to this page here (a sticky in this subforum) and it links to all mods.
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=55347
It also includes a link to dropbox that lets you download the entire mod pack in one file (A dropbox feature)

Alternatively, you could look at the mod portal by my name, and it lists all mods I have published.
https://mods.factorio.com/user/bobingabout
however, it doesn't include the 3rd party "Official" locale mod.
https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Karosieben/boblocale
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

bobingabout wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:04 pm
lets you download the entire mod pack in one file (A dropbox feature)
In-game mod manager can do that too, and it can do partial updates. Gotta admit when I look for a mod my order of thought is: "Search Ingame -> Search on modportal -> Search...somewhere else? Forum perhaps? It's a bit fuzzy now isn't it! Might as well ignore that mod if it's that difficult to find!!11." (the last bit is ofc exaggerated)

Regrettably @valneq's meta-pack-mod isn't even visible in the Ingame mod manager without scrolling down when searching for "bobingabout", because the trending algorythm puts it at the end of the list. I guess logically *any* pack mod will always be below the mods it contains because tautologically it can never have more downloads than the mods it requires :|.

Also personally if i was looking for the "official" way to install all of bobs I wouldn't use a pack that's made by a third-party author. Not that I don't trust valneq personally, it just doesn't look official with the "wrong" name on it.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

eradicator wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:24 am
bobingabout wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:04 pm
lets you download the entire mod pack in one file (A dropbox feature)
In-game mod manager can do that too, and it can do partial updates. Gotta admit when I look for a mod my order of thought is: "Search Ingame -> Search on modportal -> Search...somewhere else? Forum perhaps? It's a bit fuzzy now isn't it! Might as well ignore that mod if it's that difficult to find!!11." (the last bit is ofc exaggerated)

Regrettably @valneq's meta-pack-mod isn't even visible in the Ingame mod manager without scrolling down when searching for "bobingabout", because the trending algorythm puts it at the end of the list. I guess logically *any* pack mod will always be below the mods it contains because tautologically it can never have more downloads than the mods it requires :|.

Also personally if i was looking for the "official" way to install all of bobs I wouldn't use a pack that's made by a third-party author. Not that I don't trust valneq personally, it just doesn't look official with the "wrong" name on it.
are you suggesting I make an official bob's mods modpack? Or would that just be lost to the algorithm too?
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by valneq »

bobingabout wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:46 am
are you suggesting I make an official bob's mods modpack? Or would that just be lost to the algorithm too?
If there was an official modpack with bobingabout as author it would not be lost to the algorithm. It would be super obvious to find on the web modportal.
Plus, I would never have had to make my convenience modpack :P

This would also once and for all answer the question: is "clock" part of the modpack or is it more of an addon?

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

bobingabout wrote:
are you suggesting I make an official bob's mods modpack?
It's your mods, you decide. :p
bobingabout wrote:
Or would that just be lost to the algorithm too?
Just saying that by pure logic a pack can never have more downloads than it's content because you can download the content without the pack, but the pack always also increase the download count for each content. What the "magic sauce" trending algorythm makes of that... I have no clue.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Note that the ingame mod search no longer uses the trending algorithm, it has its own algorithm.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

Return to “Bob's mods”