Force game version

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
MrNice007
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Force game version

Post by MrNice007 »

Hey i ve come here to ask about main problem i have encountered.
I Bought A Factorio serwer, It was older versiob they updated it to latest stable, then i asked for experimental version and they switch ro 1.1.31 So iw as happy to play.I ve come today and i see another game version 1.1.32 so it suck all..

IS there a way to force a vesrion of 1.1.31 on my client. Casue every time the game will recive a patch the serwer will not be updaded never until they will do it manualy- about a half day even so the game is unplayabale on serwer. The are running in on linux.

I need to stay on one game version.
Is there a way to force 1.1.31 or i need to sw my client and call service to sw back to lastest stable??
I am runing on steam or can be the client download version from site- so it will stay that version also??

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Force game version

Post by Loewchen »

You can download the game from factorio.com and only update once your server provider manages to update the game.

valneq
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Force game version

Post by valneq »

MrNice007 wrote:
Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:42 pm
I am runing on steam […]
On steam it is fairly convenient to stay on a specified version. You can right-click on the game then
Properties … → BETAS
and select a specific version. As long as that version is available on Steam, you can stay on that version.
Once Steam no longer provides that version, you will be forcibly updated to the latest stable.

The option Loewchen presented is more reliable, tho.

Return to “Technical Help”