[kovarex] [1.1.30] Undergrounds not placed with smart belt dragging

We are aware of them, but they have low priority. We have more important things to do. They go here in order not to take space in the main bug thread list.
Warger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[kovarex] [1.1.30] Undergrounds not placed with smart belt dragging

Post by Warger »

https://clips.twitch.tv/DeterminedShyWr ... =clips_api

When trying to use smart dragging if there is a belt or an underground (going in the right direction) next to the object that you are trying to cross (so one of the 2 ends of the belt is touching the object), the undergrounds are not placed.

Easy steps to reproduce (slightly different version that the one shown in the clip, but it is the same bug):

- place some belt and a piece of underground (only one)
- drag a belt perpendicular to the one just place so that the belt touches the underground
- try to smart drag the first belt past the second

i would expect the undergrounds to be placed correctly so that the belt jumps the object.

boskid
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [1.1.30] Undergrounds not placed with smart belt dragging

Post by boskid »

I am not sure if this can be clasified as a bug, kovarex will have to decide. A lot of things with smart belt building happens when belts are placed as this triggers some extra checks. In this case there was no belt being placed on the lower side during the drag due to already existing belt on the output.

Warger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [1.1.30] Undergrounds not placed with smart belt dragging

Post by Warger »

If this ends up classified as not a bug i would like to propose to modify this edge case behavior, since it is obvious that if an ug/belt is going in the direction i am dragging the belt than the ug should be placed after the obstacle/the belt should be turned into an ug to jump the obstacle.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.30] Undergrounds not placed with smart belt dragging

Post by kovarex »

I want to generally improve the logic here, so cases like this one works as well.
The point is, that I need to sit down and really think about simple rules that would make it possible without braking anything else, and the case you have there might, or might not be also made available, but it is has lower priority than allowing things like I show here.

One way or another, this won't see light before the DLC, mainly because the whole code (not only) around the manual building was heavily refactored and cleaned up in our master branch, and I want to base any changes on that.
Attachments
example.png
example.png (137.24 KiB) Viewed 1904 times

Warger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [kovarex] [1.1.30] Undergrounds not placed with smart belt dragging

Post by Warger »

I am a bit sad that i will have to wait a bit, but at the same time i am extremely excited for the DLC! i can't wait for it! Thank you so much for your hard work and developing this masterpiece!
And thank you very much for taking the time to optimize this game so much and taking the time to make every tiny bit work flawlessly!

Return to “Minor issues”