Save spidertrons in blueprint.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Save spidertrons in blueprint.

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

I think it would be nice if one were able to save spidertrons in a blueprint, similarly to trains.
Equipment could be requested like train fuel, and logistic requests would be saved.

This would be very nice when starting a new save, joining a multiplayer game, or just generally playing: you wouldn't have to go look for the specific spidertron you want.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Save spidertrons in blueprint.

Post by Koub »

Why specifically Spidertron, and not the car, the tank, and all the vehicles in general ?
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

foamy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foamy »

Koub wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:30 am
Why specifically Spidertron, and not the car, the tank, and all the vehicles in general ?
Because Spidertrons are a lot more complex and work to set up? The only other vehicle anywhere close to it are trains because of their scheduling conditions, and those are, in fact, blueprintable.

Although I suppose cars and tanks could be done as well, to help out those folks who do things like make car belts and whatnots.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

foamy wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:35 am
Although I suppose cars and tanks could be done as well, to help out those folks who do things like make car belts and whatnots.
Yes, that was the reason for my question :).
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

Yes please. I just made this beauty. The only thing left to automate my spidertron army is to blueprint the spidertron itself. :) Imagine being able to load a spidertron component train full of armor modules, ammo, and spidertrons to the front lines and having your bots construct an army. Automation as the good lord intended. :)
factorio_2021-03-28_22-04-40.png
factorio_2021-03-28_22-04-40.png (2.77 MiB) Viewed 5333 times

Xorimuth
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xorimuth »

Whilst spidertron blueprinting would be nice, you may not be aware that you can copy-paste spidertrons to make filling their equipment grids easier.
My mods
Content: Freight Forwarding | Spidertron Patrols | Spidertron Enhancements | Power Overload
QoL: Factory Search | Remote Configuration | Module Inserter Simplified | Wire Shortcuts X | Ghost Warnings

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Wouldn’t it be much simpler to have the ability to save the equipment grid?

See viewtopic.php?f=6&t=88751 Save/Load (import/export) everything (Persistent Logistic requests, hotbar, inventory filters, equipment grid...)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

This suggestion seems to be for the player character. For in-world vehicles, especially one as complex as the spidertron with an eq grid, logistics requests, and potential for quasi autonomous operation via remote, blueprints would be more appropriate.

Take e.g. trains. I have over 30 blueprints for trains. Service trains, construction trains, supply trains, and many others. Spidertron blueprints would allow complex formations of multi-role specialized spidertrons to be deployed with a click anywhere you have bots and a supply chain. Front line combat, support and repair, outpost boostrap, personal transportation, rail layer, a many as you need and any configuration you need.

Obviously this is an advanced and late game capability. The required support and resupply infrastructure is quite large. Making it just another blueprintable thing neatly keeps it out of the way until you want it, and by time you want it, you'll know exactly how to do it.

thorr18
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by thorr18 »

Xorimuth wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:59 am
Whilst spidertron blueprinting would be nice, you may not be aware that you can copy-paste spidertrons to make filling their equipment grids easier.
That would be a million times nicer than hour of tedium I just spent setting up all the logistic options, grid equipment, & paint-jobs, on a posse of Spidertrons,... however, I'm trying to copy them right now and it's not working. The copy selection completely ignores spiders, as does the blueprint selection, destroy selection, and upgrade selection.

Kyralessa
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kyralessa »

thorr18 wrote:
Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:34 pm
That would be a million times nicer than hour of tedium I just spent setting up all the logistic options, grid equipment, & paint-jobs, on a posse of Spidertrons,... however, I'm trying to copy them right now and it's not working. The copy selection completely ignores spiders, as does the blueprint selection, destroy selection, and upgrade selection.
Not with the copy-paste tools.

You know how you can shift-right-click on an assembler, then shift-left-click on another assembler to give it the same formula?

Same thing with spidertrons: Shift-right-click on a spidertron, then shift-left-click on a different spidertron to give it the same color and logistics requests.

It'll also get the same equipment grid, but only if you're holding the right equipment in your inventory when you do it.

thorr18
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by thorr18 »

:D Thank you, kindly. Just have to keep a backup copy of each type of spider standing in a parking lot to use as a blueprint in case of loss then.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

This has been confirmed as implemented in 2.0
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

Return to “Implemented in 2.0”