I lost my body (corpse)

Don't know how to use a machine? Looking for efficient setups? Stuck in a mission?
Porter65
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

I lost my body (corpse)

Post by Porter65 »

I have scoured and scoured and searched the area where I died, extending even further than where I'm pretty sure I died (I know, I guarded my car by a turret and I died west of the spot) and there is absolutely no body anywhere.

Did I lose all my precious inventory? Is there a timer? Occurrences when the body does not form? It was in a heavily contested area, with some giant worms spitting acid. Did acid dissolve bodies? Yes, in Breaking Bad, but in Factorio? :P

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: I lost my body (corpse)

Post by ickputzdirwech »

There is a timer of 15 Minutes. They recently added a feature that the position of your corpse will appear in the death message in the console. You can click on the coordinates and it will show a red cross on the map. Therefore update to 1.1.30 (latest stable release) if you haven’t already and it shouldn’t be a problem the next time you die.
Mods: Shortcuts for 1.1, ick's Sea Block, ick's vanilla tweaks
Tools: Atom language pack
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.
- A reminder for me and all who read what I write

Porter65
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Porter65 »

Oh my, 15 mn ... IRL? Meaning 15 hours in game I think, as the time compression is 1 to 60 ... The problem is the spawn point was very, very far from where I died.

I think I lost my equipment.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

Yeah it’s 15 minutes real life time. You can actually see the counter if you hover over the corpse. With a railway line in place you should usually be able to get everywhere in 15 minutes. If you don’t mine it in time all your items and equipment will disappear. You will probably still be a bit sad to have lost your equipment, but let me tell you. All your equipment is very cheap compared to let’s say a rocket.
Text quickly seems cold and unfriendly. Be careful how you write and interpret what others have written.

foamy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foamy »

ickputzdirwech wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 9:45 am
Yeah it’s 15 minutes real life time. You can actually see the counter if you hover over the corpse. With a railway line in place you should usually be able to get everywhere in 15 minutes. If you don’t mine it in time all your items and equipment will disappear. You will probably still be a bit sad to have lost your equipment, but let me tell you. All your equipment is very cheap compared to let’s say a rocket.
Mm, it's closer'n you think, especially if you include your inventory. A full stack of L3 modules is actually more blue chips than a rocket requires, for example. And you could very easily be carrying one of speed and one of production; I do that for sketching out new blueprints, for example.

Likewise, a fully-geared out PAII set can easily be approximately the same number of blue chips as a rocket. Each reactor is 200, and Mk2 roboports are 100 each. Two reactors, and four 'ports and you're already up to 800 to a rocket's 1000.

ickputzdirwech
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ickputzdirwech »

foamy wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:45 pm
Mm, it's closer'n you think, especially if you include your inventory.
Ok, let's go nerd mode:

With power armor MK2 you have 110 inventory slots. You can hold one more stack in your hand. The most expensive item stack is a stack of 20 portable fusion reactors, making a total of 2220. In your power armor MK2 you could have 25 personal roboport mk2, which have the highest resource cost per equipment grid tile. And finally in your weapon slots you could have three combat shotguns and 600 piercing round shells (let's keep things simple, so don't worry about anything that requires uranium).

Let's look at iron, copper and coal only. All together you would have an equivalent of
4954427 Iron
6549726 Copper
507231 Coal
in your inventory (kirkmcdonald).

That is equivalent to about 269 rockets, satellites included (kirkmcdonald).

So yes, loosing your inventory can be very, very bad. But let's be honest, most of the time it's filled too the brim with wood. :lol:

Return to “Gameplay Help”