Factorio Vanilla - 2x Single lane blue belt throughput without mods (advanced stuff warning)!

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

linktothepast83
Inserter
Inserter

Factorio Vanilla - 2x Single lane blue belt throughput without mods (advanced stuff warning)!

Post by linktothepast83 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AQLbKOsHHE&t=315s

In this video i show a way you can double your blue belt throughput of any given item, something that might be useful for people using Main Bus or a belt based base in general. How is that possible you ask? By using every single different belt type in the same lane and underground belts! A yellow + red belt = blue belt throuput wise therefore you double it! While it is possible to use yellow - red - blue and repeat as a pattern i use yellow - red - yellow - red - blue simply because it is cheaper, actually it is even cheaper than using only blue belts as well!
Besides a central high throughput belt i demonstrate even in cases such as iron - copper smelter how this concept can turn useful. 2 lanes of electric furnaces output 3 lanes of fully compressed blue belts of copper plates, 8.100 per minute specifically! I only used blue and red belts since it was way easier in this case. A deep understanding of the above was needed to make it happen though, so i suggest for people who find it complicated to just copy paste the blueprint and call it a day :-p.

Overall benefits:
Higher single lane throuput (2xblue belt)
Cheaper than 2x blue belts
Occupies less space

Disadvantages:
It's complicated.
It needs a constant input of materials for the throuput of the output to be constant. Otherwise it will flunctuate between 1 and 2 blue belts until the slowest yellow belts play catch up to the rest.

Blueprint 2x blue belt:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1TQS ... sp=sharing

Blueprint Copper Iron Plate 8100:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PXG ... sp=sharing

Last edited by linktothepast83 on Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NotRexButCaesar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Factorio Vanilla - 2x Single lane blue belt throughput without mods (advanced stuff warning)!

Post by NotRexButCaesar »

linktothepast83 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:24 pm
It needs a constant input of materials for the throuput of the output to be constant. Otherwise it will flunctuate between 1 and 2 blue belts until the slowest yellow belts play catch up to the rest.
All belts are this way.
—Crevez, chiens, si vous n'étes pas contents!

linktothepast83
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Factorio Vanilla - 2x Single lane blue belt throughput without mods (advanced stuff warning)!

Post by linktothepast83 »

All belts are this way.

Yeah i know it's just that in this case it is even more complicated since after a pause in the input a blue belt worth of materials will reach first it's destination (a factory for example), then a red belt worth will be added and finally a yellow belt. It won't be the same like using 2 blue belts where 2 blue belts worth of material will arrive at the same time at their destination. In that case this implementation is for a brief time inferior to using 2 blue belts in transfer material speed.

Tallywort
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Tallywort »

linktothepast83 wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:21 pm
a blue belt worth of materials will reach first it's destination (a factory for example), then a red belt worth will be added and finally a yellow belt.
Honestly this is essentially the same as having multiple different lengths of paths to the same destination. And in the steady state it is unnoticeable.
Same thing (item fronts arriving at different times from different travel times) also happens inside most balancers.

I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Return to “Show your Creations”