Returning from factorio hiatus, noob question on new LTN features

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

MisterFister
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Returning from factorio hiatus, noob question on new LTN features

Post by MisterFister »

Hi there Optera. Thank you so much for making this really neat mod.

I got sucked away from Factorio just after the pandemic lockdowns started in the US, ad I'm back in earnest again now. I see that with v1.13.0 you changed the behavior to somehow take advantage of the temp-stop system of the base game. According to the changelog, this was done to prevent the need for individually named LTN-enabled stops.

I already assign unique (numbered) names to all of my stops. Is there any way to suppress this behavior / toggle it off / some other workaround? Or revert to the original paradigm of requiring unique station names? I'll mention that I indirectly relied on the identical-name-conflict as a way to prevent haywire deliveries when stamping sown a new outpost / module blueprint, particularly for locations that can be structurally identical but still rely on unadulterated materials, such as smelt columns segregated for iron / copper. Also, as a practical matter, are there non-cosmetic benefits to identical-naming stations -- does this new LTN behavior intent to allow for stations to be turned on and off dynamically with combinator signals?

Thanks

Warringer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

LTN and double station names

Post by Warringer »

I'm just wondering...

For a long while it was impossible to name multiple stations the same name. Has that changed lately?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Returning from factorio hiatus, noob question on new LTN features

Post by Optera »

Merged topics about "new" feature allowing duplicate names.

Sorry, but that change required too many small changes for a toggle between modes to be feasible.

Stops have several options for turning them off:
  1. remove the depot signal / cut item signals or set thresholds impossibly high
    I'd recommend this one, as trains pathing to it will still work
  2. use 1.0 train limit
    I'm not playing Factorio atm so this is untested
  3. disable the stop
    can end up in trains without any stop
I hope this helps.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Optera wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 3:56 pm
Merged topics about "new" feature allowing duplicate names.

Sorry, but that change required too many small changes for a toggle between modes to be feasible.

Stops have several options for turning them off:
  1. remove the depot signal / cut item signals or set thresholds impossibly high
    I'd recommend this one, as trains pathing to it will still work
  2. use 1.0 train limit
    I'm not playing Factorio atm so this is untested
  3. disable the stop
    can end up in trains without any stop
I hope this helps.
train limits would have an effect of allowing the train to "leave" the depot and go into "Destination full" mode, this is a problem for LTN.

Zorku
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zorku »

Would it be possible to reintroduce a station lamp color indicator and possibly a circuit signal to indicate duplicate names? I'd be fine dropping an extra combinator or two to send some signal that directly or effectively disables the station until I've had a chance to configure a few things, despite my lazy copy and paste behavior.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Zorku wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:17 pm
Would it be possible to reintroduce a station lamp color indicator and possibly a circuit signal to indicate duplicate names? I'd be fine dropping an extra combinator or two to send some signal that directly or effectively disables the station until I've had a chance to configure a few things, despite my lazy copy and paste behavior.
this is how it used to be, but not anymore

Zorku
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Zorku »

Not exactly. The lamp color was telling you that the station was disabled, as the mod lacked a way to direct the train to the correct station.

Bringing back the lamp color need not necessarily disable a station now. It would just give me a useful visual indicator that I could choose to ignore.

ptx0
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ptx0 »

Zorku wrote:
Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:37 pm
Not exactly. The lamp color was telling you that the station was disabled, as the mod lacked a way to direct the train to the correct station.

Bringing back the lamp color need not necessarily disable a station now. It would just give me a useful visual indicator that I could choose to ignore.
in 1.1 you can open the train stop and see a number next to the name of how many stops share that name.

hidaso
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by hidaso »

Zorku wrote:
Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:17 pm
I wondered the same. Many times in the game there are certain occasions where much of the work would be required, but apparently they want to complicate it, we will have to work double.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”