[Oxyd] [1.1.25] Flamethrower Turret SFX Heard faintly from distance

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
Magiobiwan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[Oxyd] [1.1.25] Flamethrower Turret SFX Heard faintly from distance

Post by Magiobiwan »

With 1.1.25, the sound effects of Flamethrower Turrets firing seem to not be fading with distance when not in the Map View.

When outside of Map View, if flamethrower turrets begin firing at Biter enemies anywhere in the factory, wherever I am I hear faint overlapping sound effects from them. The sounds overlap and cause a static sound like interference, from overlapping sound effects. It's not 100% of the time, but I haven't figured out a consistent pattern to it yet. I will update if I can find a specific distance from the turrets it fades at. It happens with both my Logitech Headset (with it's own DAC) and my Desktop speakers (connected to the Realtek Sound Chipset on the motherboard via Optical Audio Cable), so I don't believe it is a sound device or driver issue.

Before 1.1.25 (due to weather and power loss the last version I played on was 1.1.19) this didn't happen.

Save file for my current factory it's happening on: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffnmwi9u0r2zo ... .zip?dl=0 . Please pardon the spaghetti and robot madness. Log file is attached to post.

Link to video showing what the sound I'm talking about is: https://youtu.be/HKSNmhRW1Nw Specifically it starts at appx 0:06 and at appx 0:18
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(14.87 KiB) Downloaded 127 times

MaBeuLux88
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.25] Flamethrower Turret SFX Heard faintly from distance

Post by MaBeuLux88 »

+1.
Same problem for me since this last version. It wasn't here in the previous one.

Magiobiwan
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [1.1.25] Flamethrower Turret SFX Heard faintly from distance

Post by Magiobiwan »

I've also noticed it happening with biter death sounds and other biter noises too, but it's mainly the flamethrower turrets (probably because I use a lot of them on my perimeter walls), when they go active.

carloscu
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [Oxyd] [1.1.25] Flamethrower Turret SFX Heard faintly from distance

Post by carloscu »

The same thing happens to me, and not only do I hear that it is the turrets, it is also in the logistics and construction robots ...
in previous versions that did not happen.
I think it is due to some change in the audio section that they made in the last updates

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Oxyd] [1.1.25] Flamethrower Turret SFX Heard faintly from distance

Post by Oxyd »

Thanks, should be fixed in 1.1.26.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”