Re: pY Alien Life - Discussion

Post by kingarthur »

mxpal wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:10 pm
kingarthur wrote: ↑
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:04 pm
Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:56 pm
I have researched kmauts improvement and chose eyestalk ablation. Its speed then dropped to the -80% limit in mk 01 and 400% at mk02. is the speed change bugged?
Not exactly. It's working as intended but as intended forgot to account for -speed for things less than tier 4.

Its getting fixed and I should have an update out sometime Saturday. Say about 24hrs from now.
wow thats quick. keep up the good work! i am 843 hours into this map and struggling to make yellow science, the perfect sample is a real pain. :(
i will be here all the way till the end!
sorry i lied. turns out math is hard and its taking me a bit longer than planned to get it working correctly with all the module tiers

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by immortal_sniper1 »

Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:02 am
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:10 pm
Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:04 pm
Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:56 pm
I have researched kmauts improvement and chose eyestalk ablation. Its speed then dropped to the -80% limit in mk 01 and 400% at mk02. is the speed change bugged?
Not exactly. It's working as intended but as intended forgot to account for -speed for things less than tier 4.

Its getting fixed and I should have an update out sometime Saturday. Say about 24hrs from now.
wow thats quick. keep up the good work! i am 843 hours into this map and struggling to make yellow science, the perfect sample is a real pain. :(
i will be here all the way till the end!
sorry i lied. turns out math is hard and its taking me a bit longer than planned to get it working correctly with all the module tiers
and maybe u should also have made it work as a formula since there are a lot of building tier and module combinations

Firemonkey1412
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Firemonkey1412 »

Is it intended, that we can put AL-modules like Bhoddos in all mines and Py-mines (salt/molybdenum...)?

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Firemonkey1412 wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 14, 2021 6:51 pm
Is it intended, that we can put AL-modules like Bhoddos in all mines and Py-mines (salt/molybdenum...)?
not intended but most miming requires some sort of fluid/item so that is still the bottleneck , only u need mess mines

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Hi, nice to see that you're still polishing this mod !

Is it normal that the cottongut red science recipe seems to be much worse than the starting red science recipe ?
Screenshot from 2021-02-16 14-11-13.png
Screenshot from 2021-02-16 14-11-13.png (92.09 KiB) Viewed 7154 times
Screenshot from 2021-02-16 14-12-16.png
Screenshot from 2021-02-16 14-12-16.png (199.05 KiB) Viewed 7154 times
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

BlueTemplar wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 16, 2021 1:14 pm
Hi, nice to see that you're still polishing this mod !

Is it normal that the cottongut red science recipe seems to be much worse than the starting red science recipe ?
Screenshot from 2021-02-16 14-11-13.png
Screenshot from 2021-02-16 14-12-16.png
Eh. Not really

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

not my math in the resices so not my fault , blame king , btw what rat scince iteration is this 5?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

what rat scince iteration is this 5?
??

----

Here's another one that looks questionable :
Starting rubber stopper recipe vs rubber tech - unlocked rubber stopper recipe :
Screenshot from 2021-02-16 17-18-16.png
Screenshot from 2021-02-16 17-18-16.png (73.79 KiB) Viewed 7136 times
Screenshot from 2021-02-16 17-19-09.png
Screenshot from 2021-02-16 17-19-09.png (205.2 KiB) Viewed 7136 times

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:20 pm
what rat scince iteration is this 5?
??

----

Here's another one that looks questionable :
Starting rubber stopper recipe vs rubber tech - unlocked rubber stopper recipe :
Screenshot from 2021-02-16 17-18-16.png
Screenshot from 2021-02-16 17-19-09.png
later on the rubber to spoper recip will be better but early on it is not great

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

In which situation would you prefer to have 1.25 coal rather than 0.25 Titanium, 50 Aromatics, 50 Tar/CrudeOil ? (and ~6 MJ, but this might change)

Unless you're talking about green science and better rubber recipes, but then why put the (not-)'better' rubber stopper recipe in the same red science tech that unlocks the first rubber recipe ?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Split rubber into its own thread, as the alternate yellow belt and engine unit recipes the Rubber tech unlocks are concerned too :
viewtopic.php?f=219&t=96253

immortal_sniper1
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:16 pm
In which situation would you prefer to have 1.25 coal rather than 0.25 Titanium, 50 Aromatics, 50 Tar/CrudeOil ? (and ~6 MJ, but this might change)

Unless you're talking about green science and better rubber recipes, but then why put the (not-)'better' rubber stopper recipe in the same red science tech that unlocks the first rubber recipe ?
i was reffering that later on there will be better rubber recipes that use less latex so the rubber to plugs recipe will make more sense then

Podli
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Podli »

I can use animals in the module slots of the mining drills. It's just free 1125% speed boost with 3 fishes from the lake:
It's bug or feature?

bweenie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bweenie »

I'm in the beginning part of the game, and I'm having a really hard time getting sufficient moss. I understand moss can be mined from rocks, and then made in a moss farm. However, to build a moss farm I need aluminum, and to get aluminum I need syngas which requires coal processing. Getting this much science requires a lot of moss. I've spent over an hour and a half wandering the map, mining rocks to get moss, and have made about 20% progress to where I need to be.

Am I missing something?

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

I assume this is the same issue as this one ?
Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:38 pm
kalashn1k0v wrote: ↑
Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:17 pm
Hello guys,
Accidentally I Ctrl-clicked a lab having moss in my hand.
For my surprise moss was inserted as a module into a lab.
So I wanted to quickly check what else can I insert into labs in map editor.
Looks like you can insert any plant or creature.
For example, I picked the fastest creature Xyhiphoe MK 04, which gives +8000% of speed.
You can insert 2 modules, so it gives 16000% speed boost.
And it worked!!! A lab was crazy fast :lol:
Is it a feature or a bug of Alien Life? ;)

I play on a full Py suite, latest version. (PyAL 1.8.3)
Nethier. Its not an intended feature or a bug. Just a result of vanilla factorio not give a nice way to block those modules from be used in labs and i decided it isn't worth the effort to fix it. Speeding up a lab doesn't really get you out of having to craft all the materials to make the science packs.
You're not *supposed* to do that, so please don't.

Though for miners it's a bigger issue than for labs, as the number of miners that you can place on an ore field limits your maximum throughput for that ore field. Is there no way to fix this without resorting to extreme solutions like removing module slots on miners ?
(Hmm, what about an opt-out option that disables productivity modules on miners ? (And labs ?) By the point when a player finally reaches modules, he'll have a much better understanding of Py anyway, and can decide to disable this option in full knowledge.)

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by kingarthur »

bweenie wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:55 am
I'm in the beginning part of the game, and I'm having a really hard time getting sufficient moss. I understand moss can be mined from rocks, and then made in a moss farm. However, to build a moss farm I need aluminum, and to get aluminum I need syngas which requires coal processing. Getting this much science requires a lot of moss. I've spent over an hour and a half wandering the map, mining rocks to get moss, and have made about 20% progress to where I need to be.

Am I missing something?
it requires coal gas not syngas.

bweenie
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by bweenie »

Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:59 am
bweenie wrote: ↑
Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:55 am

Am I missing something?
it requires coal gas not syngas.
Yes, I was definitely missing something ... Thanks! That really helps!

mxpal
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mxpal »

bug report: when i remove fastwood forestry, a hidden beacon remains on the ground and i cant destroy it with right click or alt+d. It blocks my building replacement even with shift held down.

ecuzzillo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ecuzzillo »

Bug: If you take the productivity upgrade to slaughterhouses, you end up creating cages out of nothing, because you get an extra cage often enough.

This means that once it happens, your butchery backs up, and you have to remove your circuits for adding cages when they get depleted, and you have to start burning the extra cages.

magals
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by magals »

Where are the updates for buildings that produce plants from research gone?

Return to β€œPyMods”